Weather Prediction

dickiebird

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We seem to be getting a lot of snow, actually the first big snow of the season.
What frosts my snow balls is at 10 PM last night they were all over the map with their predictions, no snow, ice & snow, 10" to the North, 1" to the North, You get the picture.
I wish that during my working days I could have just guessed at what was going to happen next.
Rant Over!!!!

THANX RICH

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Agree day to day weather is not uncommon to be wrong. Especially here where we have lake affects as well as heat from all the cities build up.
I use Weathertrend360 that does a decent job on trends but they will tell you not to use them for short termed weather.

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I read a review where SOME weather services are more accurate in certain locations. Here, weather channel gets it right 85%. There I could not tell you, but I would google weather prediction until I found that comparision or something like it.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
We seem to be getting a lot of snow, actually the first big snow of the season.
What frosts my snow balls is at 10 PM last night they were all over the map with their predictions, no snow, ice & snow, 10" to the North, 1" to the North, You get the picture.
I wish that during my working days I could have just guessed at what was going to happen next.
Rant Over!!!!

THANX RICH
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
We are still in CO, but flying back to Indy tomorrow afternoon. Looks like Winter Storm Finley is eastborne and causing havoc. We rented a Jeep Wrangler and DH has been using both 4wd's as we drive around the roads and I-state west of Denver. While heading back from Berthoud Pass today he downshifted to 2nd and 3rd, while the Native CO driver ahead of us was riding his brakes all of the way down to I-70. Lots of slipping and sliding. Out here they CLEAR THE ROADS OF SNOW! It is the difference between commerce and no commerce for the locals. At home, it's "meh, maybe...OMGOSH!!! we will run out of salt in March!!!" So, May comes and there is still salt. There are no words...
I can handle ANY ROAD in bad weather, as long as the stupid drivers aren't on it with me.

Prairie Rose

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I had a meteorologist tell me once they can only truly be accurate for weather during the next half hour. Anything farther out is an educated guess...

We only got about two inches of the four to seven inches they forecast for us last night....and none of the inch of ice!

dickiebird

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We've received about 7" total for Sun and today. I haven't even checked on what they predict for tomorrow.

THANX RICH

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
as usual the fun stuff misses us. we had a light sprinkle of snow last night and it is clear and cold this morning.

Latest posts