Weather Where You Are

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's the kind of day when you wish you could just stay home. Glad you made it home okay Prairie Rose.
I used to dread those long drives home in the dark when the snow was piling up. I had about the same distance commute and a very dark two lane road. shiver
So glad that's in the past.

@Carol Dee is just basking in the glory right about now (or when she wakes up in the morning and has her coffee and doesn't have to go out in this crud!)... :) :) :)

they have now revised our temp down to the single @digitS' for Tuesday evening. all his fault i'm sure... hahaha. :)

Last edited:

Prairie Rose

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
The dog insisted he absolutely had to go out at two this morning to bark at the coyotes. I got up again at three to let him back in, and it was a whopping two degrees outside, with a wind chill of -12. I think the high is going to be 22 or 23 today...so glad I get to stay home. It is up to 11 degrees out there, in an hour or so I may put on muck boots and make the treck out to the barn to see how much split firewood I have left. I feel like a fire might be in order today to take the chill off the house!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's 8am and the sky is kinda overcast.

It might have been freezing earlier but frost didn't seem all that obvious on the lawn.

Supposed to rain by noon - imagine that it could be a couple tenths of an inch before it's finished.

I'm having a cup of chocolate mint tea in the lazyboy, looking for some pink cherry tomatoes in the seed catalogs ...

hmmm digitS'

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
We got 3 inches and Some serious drifting. I cleaned stalls but didn't close one of them and got home to a snowy horse stall!! Fortunately, I removed the snow covered straw and replaced it, so that horse had a dry bed last night. Low of 7 above F and expected to be the same tonight. This is 2 months early for us. In one week the high will be 50.

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
Same temp here @ducks4you , it was 6 degrees F. just before sunrise, and a brisk wind producing a negative wind chill. It's expected to get down to 4 degrees F. tonight, then a gradual warm up.

This cold makes me feel like Rip van Winkle, waking to find that I've slept through Thanksgiving, and it's now December.

A high of 50... I doubt we'll see that here, but one can dream.