Weather Where You Are

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'll make a prediction: @Rhodie Ranch will have a record high on Tuesday 🙃 .
Well, I missed.

Medford was the warmest in Oregon, Tuesday:
State Temperature Extremes ...
Max Temp ... 67 Medford
Min Temp ... 22 Klamath Falls

Only 80 miles distance between those two extremes. Today, they are both under air stagnation advisories so that will moderate things. Heck of a way to do it, tho.

Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
it was beautiful out last night with a very bright moon and crystal clear skies. the forecast for once was on target. we did get down to 5F with windchills below zero. cold and clear and windy most of the day. nothing really going on now. i shredded papers and got some other minor things done.

mostly i just wanted to hide under the blankets and sleep all day like any normal person would do in the middle of winter. yet. it's not the middle of winter yet... hmm...

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Low of 29, a new record.

Zinnias were zapped, some beans and tomatoes burned, probably gone. The stuff I covered is fine. Violas, pansies, and petunias were not covered and are fine.

Prairie Rose

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
It was windy and cold today, but much much warmer than yesterday. I did not check the records, but I'm pretty sure we broke them. I went out and spent a couple hours setting up a shelter for the new dog, who insists on being outside at night despite the bad weather. It's far from perfect and not done, but he won't freeze the next time we get another cold snap. It's not unusual for us to have a week or so of below zero temperatures in january or february, but it being so cold so early makes me worried that we are going to have a long hard winter.

I do have to admit it was very nice tramping around in the snow today, with all of the gardens safely tucked away under their winter blankets of mulch ;)

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's not unusual for us to have a week or so of below zero temperatures in january or february, but it being so cold so early makes me worried that we are going to have a long hard winter.
Hard to believe right now that the official start of Winter is over 5 weeks away... especially when I hear snow blowers running.

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
I didn't want to dash your hopes, @digitS' . It was pleasant but not that warm on Tuesday. Every day I rake, suck up, mow leaves from the damn bradford pear that all the homes were required to have in the front. By the next am, you can't even tell I did anything. Any hoo, its been so warm, that I've been taking off the sweatshirt and even not turning on the furnace for a while.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
we have been getting back to more normal temperatures now. the ground is going to be too wet and cold for much of anything, but we'll see what happens. 40s tomorrow, 50s next day but rain, some 40s and sunshine in the forecast coming up. maybe it will dry out enough that i can level some work i've already done and had to leave...

froggy and damp this morning until around noon. probably froggy tonight too.

Latest posts