Weather Where You Are

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
By noon we received a whapping 2" of snow by noon. By 6 pm it had all melted off. Weather man said that the temperature will drop to 28* tonight. Brrrrrr !

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
beautiful day today! i even got some work done on a garden and took some pictures. all sorts of fun today. :) :) :) will get pictures looked at/edited/posted if i'm happy with them.

and yes, @bobm tonight is forecast to get cold here too down to 22F.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Just a few inches here at the lower ranch ~ about 4' I'm told up on the mountain ~ I should go up and move some ~ But ```

yeah! i've been thinking of ya there VR, i've been hoping the mountains would pick up more snow from these storms and also hoping more to come yet. not looking like a lot has gotten inwards to Colorado River Basin so i'm hoping some will yet before the season is over.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
The temperature is above 55°f this afternoon! Blue skies, just a little breeze - of course, I did the "Outdoor Mile," today.

During the walk, I went past a little bit of a south-sloping lawn and there were blooming filaree! Okay, those are weeds but they always make it to blooming in my distant garden before I get there in the spring. The land-owner nearby must be just as lucky ;). I did see some crocus trying to open in front of one house.

There was a robin in my neighborhood. Back home, there is still snow in my yard but I saw a honey bee!

This afternoon, some of the tomatoes & peppers are out in the greenhouse with the cool-season plants. It's plenty warm out there and I had ventilation complete with the exhaust fan running for several hours. It becomes difficult to cool on sunny days when the outside air is in the 40's. It's just too cold out to pull much air in and when it's windy and intermitantly cloudy, I can have a real hard time without almost camping out in the greenhouse! I really don't have anything to do out there at the moment but there will soon be plenty of transplanting with those tomatoes and peppers and some more in the South Window. There are even more seedlings in the kitchen waiting to pop above the soil and begin looking for sunlight. Of course, all this means that plants will have to stay in the greenhouse overnight and the furnace will have to run more than just at sunrise to take the chill off :). It's okay. Now the time for that, now and there ain't nuthin I can do about those seedlings wanting to grow, and grow, and grow.

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Maybe it was a drone.

I don't know how to recognize them.

The filaree was blooming only in one location that I noticed so that might have offered some nectar ... but, who am I? Another thought (guess) is that honey bees don't always just eat nectar and honey but I don't know about that :).

Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
drones are bigger than workers if i recall my fact straight...

i see bees of various kinds as soon as the day gets warm enough to be above freezing. we don't have local honeybee hives until the bee keeper drops them off so i don't sit and notice too many of those yet. but on our earliest irises and some of the earliest crocuses and weeds i can see them being visited, including on the warmer days the bumblebees, which if i can ever get a picture it would be worth it because you can imagine what a huge bumblebee looks like mobbing a tiny white flower on a plant that is about 1/100th of its size.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
We've been around 80 for a high and in the mid 60's in the morning for about a week with no rain for a while. We have a 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms for needed rain Saturday and Sunday, Sure hope some of that rain shows up here. Then about this time next week the forecast temperatures climb a little more.

This is my bush snap beans from a few days back. Spring is here.

Green Beans.jpg

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
We've been around 80 for a high and in the mid 60's in the morning for about a week with no rain for a while. We have a 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms for needed rain Saturday and Sunday, Sure hope some of that rain shows up here. Then about this time next week the forecast temperatures climb a little more.

This is my bush snap beans from a few days back. Spring is here.

View attachment 34703

purdy babies! :)

Latest posts