Websites for ordering plant containers...

HotPepperQueen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I need to transplant my tomatoes and peppers ASAP. They are still in their original little seed starting pots. I need the next size up, and about 216 of them. Preferrably larger (like a quart or so). I have been looking online and can't find exactly what I want. I know most people on here are experienced gardeners and know where to get this stuff cheap! I need your help! :bow

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Let's see . . . HPS has supplies that seem fairly reasonable, HPQ.

Horticultural Products & Services

HPS is a part of Jung Seed. I have ordered seed from the HPS catalog but not in recent years. For some reason, you can order from ALL the Jung catalogs except HPS on egardenersplace.com. You might check there in the R.H. Shumway catalog to see if the supplies that you are looking for are to be found.

Steve

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Are your plants going to stay in these pots- or are they just waiting for the garden? If they are in the waiting mode can't you recycle something you might already have? Juice or milk containers, buckets, etc?

wsmoak

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I just ordered a bunch from Farmtek. They are fairly thin -- will probably last a couple of seasons if you're careful with them, but they are not thick hard plastic.

The 3 1/2" squares are good for tomatoes, and 18 of them fit in the flat trays that they also sell.

http://www.farmtek.com/farm/supplies/prod1;ft1_lawn_garden-ft1_pots_trays;pg109059.html (They charge a lot for shipping, so figure that in before you decide how good the price is.)

-Wendy

The Mama Chicken

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Personally, I would never pay money to have plastic pots shipped to me. Just think about all of the petrochemicals that went into making and transporting those pots...ugh, no way. For me, the point of gardening is to lower my impact on the planet and provide healthy food for my family. I would look around for containers that could be reused, maybe going to a local school or restaurant to see if they have anything that is going to be thrown away that I could use.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
HotPepperQueen said:
I need to transplant my tomatoes and peppers ASAP. They are still in their original little seed starting pots. I need the next size up, and about 216 of them. Preferrably larger (like a quart or so). I have been looking online and can't find exactly what I want. I know most people on here are experienced gardeners and know where to get this stuff cheap! I need your help! :bow
Greenhouse Megastore had a hard to find size that I was looking for. I found it has the best prices. They often run specials .

Latest posts