Wedding Shower Rant !!

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Who is doing all of the invitations? Has the whole church been invited? I would not attend unless she is important to me. Actually is there anything to attend? Or is it just a gift gathering. If you want to give them something cash is never refused. A e-mail invite is so tacky. I know the young are all doing it. It is just so lazy.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Etiquette and common sense both seem to be disappearing in this generation. I only send gifts or attend parties if I have an attachment to that person (or their parents). I don't imagine I would be friends for long with someone so totally greedy and rude. :p I have never heard of anyone putting gift certificates for restaurants on their registry. Most newlyweds are eating canned soup and frozen dinners. Aren't they supposed to live on love? :rolleyes:

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I can understand not having a shower or reception for that matter at a church. I can't even imagine under any circumstance asking for gifts and not inviting those people to the "party".

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
It's wrong on a couple of levels.

1) to ask for people to spend money on you yet not invite you I think is VERY rude.

2) to register for gift cards? What's that all about? Not to mention to places to eat? Really!?!?

3) and last but not least by email? Seriously?

I would email back a congratulations & that would be it. I wouldn't waste the money on a card or the postage to send it to them.

Fred

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Why don't you accidently email her this thread.

curly_kate

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
:yuckyuck

I'm just so over the production it is when people get married and/or have babies. It's gotten completely ridiculous. I'm extremely happy that I've made it through my life with only having to have been a bridesmaid once. All my close friends/family either eloped or had very non-traditional ceremonies. Not only do the couple who are marrying spend an arm & a leg, but it's an expectation that the bridesmaids do as well!

And Nyboy - you are right on about that!!

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's still all about the wedding. Still tends to be "every girl's" princess dream. What a horrible way to try to start a lifetime of learning to compromise and make do. No wonder 60% of marriages end in divorce now.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
so lucky said:
It's still all about the wedding. Still tends to be "every girl's" princess dream. What a horrible way to try to start a lifetime of learning to compromise and make do. No wonder 60% of marriages end in divorce now.
You totally nailed it Lucky. I am so tired of women who say it's their special day, as though the guy is just an accessory.

Latest posts