Wednesday Morning, Lunar Eclipse

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Here's the U.S. Naval Observatory, "The Sky This Week:"

". . .the morning of the 8th, the Moon undergoes a total eclipse, passing through the northern half of the earth’s shadow. This particular eclipse favors residents of Hawai’i and the west coast, but we’ll see a substantial part of it here in the east before Luna sets at 7:16 am EDT. If you’re up early that morning, the penumbral phase begins at 4:15 am. Half an hour or so later you may notice a subtle shading encroaching on Luna’s left edge which will gradually become deeper until 5:15, when the Moon encounters the edge of the umbral shadow. Luna should be fully immersed in the shadow by 6:25 am, and mid-eclipse will follow at 6:54. . . If you miss this one don’t fret; there will be two total lunar eclipses visible from the US in 2015!"

So, for Pacific Daylight Time, full eclipse is at about 3:25am and continuing. Mid-eclipse, about 4am.

:) digitS'
moon_zps94c5e290.jpg

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think that since I normally wake up at 2:30 - 3:00 a.m., and lay there fretting about everything, just maybe I'll get up and look out the window!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Don't fret, @murphysranch !

You can drift out onto the deck pretty much at your leisure on the way but it is much better to move out to the living room recliner and doze for another hour.

in my personal experience ...

Steve

Latest posts