Weed ident..

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Weed ID request!!! This single weed has been 99.9% of weed problem in my garden for the past 4 yrs. Thought to have been introduced here through some mulch hay. Haven't a clue as to what it is but it's the most proliferate weed I've ever had, with tiny seedlings coming up in the thousands at all times, like a fine carpet on the garden.

I've swept the garden clear of it several times this year already but the chips must be chalk full of seeds, as it just keeps comin'.

This is what it looks like every week of the year here since early spring...most of everything you see in the large space in the middle of this pic is this particular weed. Even that "row" you see of green...that's not a row of anything I planted.

100_5922.JPG

It's all along the fences....inside and out....

100_5923.JPG

And it grows faster than anything I've ever seen....

100_5924.JPG

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Weed ID request!!! This single weed has been 99.9% of weed problem in my garden for the past 4 yrs. Thought to have been introduced here through some mulch hay. Haven't a clue as to what it is but it's the most proliferate weed I've ever had, with tiny seedlings coming up in the thousands at all times, like a fine carpet on the garden.

I've swept the garden clear of it several times this year already but the chips must be chalk full of seeds, as it just keeps comin'.

This is what it looks like every week of the year here since early spring...most of everything you see in the large space in the middle of this pic is this particular weed. Even that "row" you see of green...that's not a row of anything I planted.

View attachment 20804

It's all along the fences....inside and out....

View attachment 20805

And it grows faster than anything I've ever seen....

View attachment 20806
Argh :barnie I have it too! At least it pulls up easily. Do not know what it is. It is bad at the big garden and has been brought home to my flower beds too. :he

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Beekissed I got on line and tried to identify it, It might be Quickweed.

That certainly sounds appropriate! Never saw a weed to regrow so quickly or to seed so widely and completely...like a carpet of green. If I had tried to plant a cover crop I couldn't have done it so well as this stuff has done it.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score

Latest posts