WEED PULLING CONTEST!!!

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Marshall, you crack me up! Now this is my kind of contest. :lol: I have been so diligent with my weed pulling this year that I scarcely have any now that the 80-90 degree dry days have started. But you should have seen the mountains of weeds I pulled prior to tilling the garden and getting my tomatoes in. I piled them all up in the center of my garden on an old concrete pad that is IN MY WAY, but otherwise good for piling garden stuff and tossing the many rocks I dig up. They are all brown and crisp now and ready for the compost pile (pulled before they went to seed.) We are supposed to get a lot of rain this week which will bring them back though, so maybe then I will be ready to compete!
:tools

How about a prize for the longest weed? Like quackgrass or creeping charlie?

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Count me in! I can't pull weeds tomorrow or Friday.....maybe Saturday. Do we post pics for judging? Marshall, since you started this contest and you are disqualified from entering on account of you having no weeds, then that makes you the judge. Here comes the judge! Here comes the judge!

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
if my lawn mower hadn't given up it's ghost, i'd have a lot less weeds clearly visible in my yard this week. all the rain doesn't help either. :(

oh, so are we going by the number of weeds pulled or by pounds pulled that can fit into one hand and bucket? :p oh, and what if i don't own more that one 5 gallon bucket, could i use my 30 gallon trash bin instead? :D can you tell i have a lot of weeding to get done?!

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
I found a weed today! It was behind my smaller spare patch of Little Brown Cat Beans!

Latest posts