weeding is fun!

bluebirdfarm

Sprout
Reaction score
ha ha LOL , just kidding,
i get to weed this pm , it has been so wet here i have not been in the garden to weed for over a week !!! yikes, anyway tonight i get to "play " in the weeds.:throw

Mossy Rock

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
When my wife weeds the garden the chickens all gather aroung outside the fence, they love those young weed that are sprouting, plus their egg production seem to go up.

chickflick

Leafing Out
Reaction score
With chickens, at least you have company while weeding. You have someone to talk to, so it's not lonely. They eat the bugs as you dig them up. And.... you have great entertainment watching them fight for the bugs and frogs, etc.! Chickens do make weeding more fun and interesting. It looks like I'm gonna have lots of opportunity to be entertained in the next few days! :tools

whatnow?

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I like to weed. Especially the lawn. I can't help myself, but when I'm outside playing with the kids I inevitably start pulling weeds and can't seem to stop. My favorite time to weed is after a good soaking rain since it can be done without tools.

simple life

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I know what you mean, I will be all dressed to go somewhere and then I will wander our to the yard to talk to the kids or to check on my hens............then I see a weed.
The next thing you know I am weeding a whole area and trying to not get dirty because I have to go out.
I can't stop until the whole section is done.

robbobbin

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I'd like to schedule you all some weeding time in MY garden please...

patandchickens

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Ha, I'm with whatnow and simple life -- I like weeding. Time permitting anyhow. Honest! It is simple, it is interesting (you learn about plants and see things you wouldn't normally notice, and get to fondle pleasantly furry or nice-smelling leaves), and the results are obvious and of practical benefit. Plus you can choose whether to pay attention to the weeding or to daydream about other things.

I also like repainting rooms in the house and cleaning horse stalls :p

Now if anyone wants to come over here and dust or vacuum for me, ugh, I will happily go out and weed :)

Pat, back from Penna., and since it's rained more or less every day since I left, I have *lots* of weeds awaiting :p

Reinbeau

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Dust? Vacuum? As the sign on my kitchen wall says, Dull Women have Clean Houses :gig Not that mine's a mess, I actually work hard and pay someone to come in every other week to dust and vacuum. Call me spoiled, but I really hate doing either.

simple life

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I don't know about everyone else, but my entire family will leave me alone when I am weeding. They won't come out to ask me for stuff because they are afraid I will ask them to help. I have actually heard or seen someone start walking up to me and then see that I am weeding and turn tail back into the house.
I am guaranteed alone time, quiet time whenever I weed.
For that reason alone I would enjoy weeding.

bills

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
As to not use any herbicides, being on well water, I have to hand pull my lawn weeds. It is actually a peaceful time, and you are alone with your thoughts for awhile.

I can see the benefits of it. The lawn looks better, the chickens get something to pick at, and I get some peace and quiet..:)

Now weeding the veggie garden can get to be a bit of a chore. ...can't wait to turn the chickens loose this fall.

Latest posts