Welcome to TEG Flowerweaver!

TheSeedObsesser

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Pulsegleaner (Blueadzuki) must have directed you to this forum. Welcome!

I'm sure that you'll like it here, the members here are very nice and welcoming people. We're also a knowledgeable group with many different backgrounds, this makes TEG a good place to ask those questions that don't quite fit with other gardening forums - (for an example) even if it's a question about quilting or maybe how to breed dogs the right way, just ask! We don't always stay on topic - we ramble, we rant - it just makes the conversations here more interesting than they might otherwise be.

I'll let you tell everybody here a little about yourself! :)

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome Flowerweaver! Yeah, Seedo's right, we're a motley crew, but friendly! :frow

Do tell us about yourself, your screen name is intriguing....

Last edited:

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
sSig_welcome3.gif

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
:frow Welcome, @flowerweaver! I am happy to welcome you to The Easy Garden and all of its wonderful members. We love learning. We love helping. We love sharing. And most of all we love :drool pictures,:drool pictures, and more :drool pictures!

So get your camera and stop by often. If you enjoy gardening,:love you're gonna like it here! :love

flowerweaver

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Wow! Such a welcoming group--thanks so much! I recently found out about TEG through fellow bean collector Russ Crow, but as it turns out I already know several of you from other places--small world! I look forward to getting to know you, too.

Formerly, I was a native plant and wildflower botanist for a national botanical garden, where I worked in environmental education. I left to direct a regional river conservation and nature tourism non-profit for many years. Since leaving corporate life behind I am busier than ever! Now I split my time between farming (developing drought-tolerant vegetables), art (silver smithing, painting, fiber art), and music (guitar, voice). All of which makes me happy :)

For the past 14 years my husband and I have had a five acre place in a remote southwestern river canyon, semi-arid Zone 8 where three different ecosystems come together. There's no cell phone service but I do have DSL; it's a 3 hour round trip to a grocery store, 4 hours for organic so (in good years) we endeavor to produce most of our own food. We have a small zoo of pets--dogs, cats, chickens, sheep, and a donkey--about 70 animals in all--and honeybees and hummingbirds. In June we were directly hit by a tornado (I fractured my thumb and spent the rest of the summer in a cast) so we are still trying to recover from all that. Lots of repair work to be done. We've also seen our share of severe drought and floods. Never a dull moment here and a challenging environment for gardening!

Our place is very diverse for its size; there's a short grass prairie, riparian wet weather creek, small wetland, wildflower meadow, oak/juniper/mesquite savanna, a rocky desert area, cedar brake, mountain views. Around the house I have a cottage garden of all kinds of flowers. The vegetables are grown in many small fields tucked into the natural areas. Everything is connected by a series of trails.

Since 2008 I have regularly journaled under the same name about gardening on MyFolia. You can also find me on the Homegrown Goodness forum. Recently I was nominated as a possible board candidate of the Grassroots Seed Network, a newly forming non-profit.

Once I figure out how to post photos to this forum I will!