What a day!!! Where do I begin?!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Well, I'll keep it short actually because I'm kind of in awwww....

First we got up early (daughter and I) and she decided she wanted Eggs for breakfast because I just brought some fresh ones in. (mmmm... let me tell you how good she is at chosing breakfast.) Then we get dressed and in the car to the doctor's office. That didn't go so well.... the had to take blood so she hid behind me and cried most of the time. I couldn't wait to get in the car and hit the road again. Then we stopped for some McD's fries and nuggets... only do that once in a blue moon so she was thrilled. :rose

Had to wait in line to pick up my friend's daughter from school for an hour... to which my daughter cried all the way because she was DONE with everything for the day.

Finally, we get home to some calm and I set her and my friend's daughter up with some play dough, and they are still having a great time with that.

I decided to have a smoke and check the mail and found a box... a very large box from someone I do not know? Someone I don't recall talking to, no one I traded anything with (and definitely NOT something I paid for.) It was from a woman who's daughter told me I was looking for Iris bulbs on ebay, and I only had seeds to trade. She didn't want or need anything from me... I must have given her daughter my address as she has mailed me nearly 20 Iris bulbs from her seperating her own. They say colors unknown as she has 20+ colors and types in her yard. WOW! That was soooooooooooooo sweet I just needed to jump online and figure out who this woman is and thank her... but I can't because I don't know when and how I got in contact with her Daughter. It was from Craigslist I'm pretty sure as the Woman lives in NC as well, only about 45 minutes from me according to the address.

So here I am online... go to check my mail... check here... and jump over to BYC to notice something even stranger....

My name on BYC is glowing orange!? Someone, somehow as gifted me an Golden Feather membership!?!?!?!! Holy WOW!!!

I'm almost in tears with just how nice everyone has been... but its killing me... I have no idea who... and I need to thank someone today!!! I need to give someone a hug. I'm all tearing up with how sweet people can be, and I don't know who to thank.

It's been a lovely day. :coolsun

bid

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
What a great story! Brought a smile to my face. Sometimes surprises can be wonderful and you get another surprise everytime one of those iris' bloom for you...you get to find out what color it is:D. Thank you for sharing vfem.

setter4

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Just pass it on...do something nice for someone else for no reason. Random Acts Of Kindness. I love them. :love

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Oh I do love it too! Nothing better then making someone else's day!!!! :D

2 Beauts

Leafing Out
Reaction score
One of my favorite things to do when we go to Cold Sone Creamery is to pay for the people behind me. Then quick get out the door before they can be all gushy and say thanks. What's better than a surprise free ice cream???

homesteadmom

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
What a great day you had!! Maybe send the lady a thank you card?! I know what it is like to get things like that, when we were having some really tough times we got gift cards in the mail to a local grocery store with no return address on the envelope. They were a very welcome gift, but it would be nice to be able to thank the person or persons responsible for it. Pay it forward as they call it is always good. We have always done that when we can & when asked what we need or want in return we tell them to do for someone else when they can. What goes around comes around!!!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Oh gee... its continuing i tell you!!!

I hear really wonderful stories and I try to do something for someone else because I'm so over come with graditude lately. I gave several children that came with their parents to our yard sale some toys and stuff to have, just to take. They were so thrilled!!!!

I gave some plants to another neighbor, and some eggs too.

Was feeling good!

Then we go grocery shopping today and my daughter was being all sweet and silly to this man waiting to check out behind us. She points at this candy bar, 2 seconds later he buys it for her and just gives it to her for the heck of it! He said she was just too cute. She was sooooooooooo thankful and sweet to him for that.

On the way out to the car though I had to explain that she just can't get by in life on her looks alone... no matter how much everyone tells her how cute she is. :idunno

(Though I wish I had that going for me more then once!) :lol:

Latest posts