What a difference...

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
...a season makes!

7504_new_garden_area_and_potatoes011.jpg

Snowshoes were needed to do yesterdays morning chores.

7504_december_snow_12_wren_etc_018.jpg

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I love that outhouse. Brings back memories of my youth. Now where did I put that Sears Roebucks catalogue?

(I know what it really is.)

I love the quote in your signature too.

We've only had snow like that once in the five winters I've beed through since we moved here. I'm waiting to see what this one brings.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh wow, looks like you'll definitely have a white Christmas! Ours is supposed to turn to rain and mud after tomorrow. :p

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yeah, what a difference! I like the green version better! I assume the "outhouse" is for the chickens? How many days till spring?

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yeah the "outhouse" is the coop. :)
Ridgerunner, there is a Sears Roebuck in there, but so far all they've done with it is mark what they want for Christmas.

Mary, the thing to the right is a shelter for my mini horse and his two goats. It's temporary, made from 3 cattle panels with a solid back wall and covered with a tarp. It was actually "temporary" last year also, but it worked so well that the money I saved for a permanent wooden shelter I used for other projects.

The girls had to donate a section of their pen for the additional livestock, but I don't think they miss it.

Spring can't be far off now Lesa! After today our days will be getting longer!

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
thistlebloom said:
Mary, the thing to the right is a shelter for my mini horse and his two goats. It's temporary, made from 3 cattle panels with a solid back wall and covered with a tarp. It was actually "temporary" last year also, but it worked so well that the money I saved for a permanent wooden shelter I used for other projects.
Thistle, bear with me, but are the offspring from a mini horse called goats? Remember, I'm just a city girl! :cool:

Mary

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
ninnymary said:
Thistle, bear with me, but are the offspring from a mini horse called goats? Remember, I'm just a city girl! :cool:

Mary
Haha! You're so cute! No Mary dear, a goat is just a goat, they are all just buddies. The goats keep the horse company. :)

( A horses' offspring is a foal, then you would call it a colt or a filly, depending on the foals gender. )

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Your garden has considerably more snow than my yard, Thistle'!

That's quite a snowbelt between Spirit & Pend Oreille Lakes.

Steve

edited: joke about jockeys doesn't seem so funny after i think about it

Latest posts