What about this electrical job?

dickiebird

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
LOL! Rich, you sound just like my dad! He told me to elevate the receptacle and put a bucket over it!!!:p

+1 for your dad!!!

THANX RICH

gardentoad

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Southern Gardener said:
dickiebird said:
gardentoad said:
The GFI has a built in circuit breaker, that trips in an instant and can save your life...
Just a waste of money, IMO

I lived and worked around electricty for 50 yrs. before I ever had to use a GFI, and I still won't unless there will be some kind of code inspection!!!!

THANX RICH
LOL! Rich, you sound just like my dad! He told me to elevate the receptacle and put a bucket over it!!!:p
Hey a great idea (elevate it) that way when it shocks the "P" out of ya, maybe you can step away rather than just being knocked down.
Cause when you have Wet feet it doesn't matter how high it is.
Sorry that's JMHO
And I say to each is own, I just want to be here to work my garden next year,

Don. :caf doing research on electric

Southern Gardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
gardentoad said:
Southern Gardener said:
dickiebird said:
Just a waste of money, IMO

I lived and worked around electricty for 50 yrs. before I ever had to use a GFI, and I still won't unless there will be some kind of code inspection!!!!

THANX RICH
Hey a great idea (elevate it) that way when it shocks the "P" out of ya, maybe you can step away rather than just being knocked down.
Cause when you have Wet feet it doesn't matter how high it is.
Sorry that's JMHO
And I say to each is own, I just want to be here to work my garden next year,

Don. :caf doing research on electric
I'm not one to take chances with my life - I'm replacing the plug today.

April Manier

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
GFCI- Ground Faulty Circuit Interrupter

You use these especially outside or any place where moisture is an issue. That is why you see them in Bths and kitchens.

To circumvent this problem we use power strips with breakers in them (you know, the kind you plug your computer into.) Then if anything is amiss you don't blow your panel.

Our set up is similar too. And I am sure this is not code, but it has worked fine for us!

Southern Gardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I'm finished! I replaced the regular plug with a GFI. Nothing left but the shelf and I tackle that next weekend. Thanks to everyone for the advice!

the1honeycomb

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I had a gfi receptacle in my chicken coop, the chickens knocked the extension cord off the post and the lite landed in a puddle I was standing in!!!! the circuit turned off immediately and i was very thankful!!!!!
:ep
Better to have it and not need it than have your family wish you hadn't been hurt or worse!!
:hide

the1honeycomb

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I had a gfi receptacle in my chicken coop, the chickens knocked the extension cord off the post and the lite landed in a puddle I was standing in!!!! the circuit turned off immediately and i was very thankful!!!!!
:ep
Congrats!!!!!!!
:throw

Latest posts