What are these?

R2elk

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I have bought organic pesticides from these folks:

Planet Natural

There is also this California outfit in Grass Valley (quite a ways for you to drive but, they have a video!)

Steve
Planet Natural used to be a very good source. They sold their business in 2019 (?) and the new owners have just provided links sending customers to Amazon.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Think of grubs like pacman-indiscriminate eaters that are hard to kill. Insecticides are not real effective. They feed on dead material but will chomp through living roots. They don’t move a lot in the soil. I would not worry about them. Just feed to chickens when you find one. They do not seek out growing roots. Your plants should outgrow any damage done.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Think of grubs like pacman-indiscriminate eaters that are hard to kill. Insecticides are not real effective. They feed on dead material but will chomp through living roots. They don’t move a lot in the soil. I would not worry about them. Just feed to chickens when you find one. They do not seek out growing roots. Your plants should outgrow any damage done.
Thank you Seed. This brings me peace of mind.

Digits, I don't like things that are so expensive like the nemototes product that you recommend!

Mary

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
there are a lot of different grubs, most of them are harmless to minor pests. i'd let them be.

cut worms can be annoying. just protect your sprouts until they are grown up enough.

those grubs looks almost fully developed, they're probably not going to eat much at all any more anyways.

Last edited:

Latest posts