what are you going to grow this year

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
Explain the 2 different butternuts
Burpee's Butterbush is a compact plant that i should be able to grow in a container or sneak one or two in between a few other plants & it won't take over the garden. they produce within 87 day with 1.5lb fruits that are supposed to keep well in storage. it is OP so i can save seeds if they do good in the garden.

Polaris takes about 100 days but is a hybrid. i thought i would give it a try since i got them on sale. supposed to be vigorous with about 4-5 squash per vine.

i also have Ponca Baby butternut that is supposed to take 90 days & OP. they get about 2lb squashes with small seed cavities. they don't store as well.

Watham butternut has been hit or miss for me in past years. with them taking over 100 days & our weather being crazy the past couple years i figure i would find something that could replace it. also powdery mildew is a big issue here so if i could find something that could resist it i would like to keep that going.

henless

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Things already planted in the garden:

Candy onions
Sweet Purple Onions
Dinosaur Kale
Carrots -
Radish - French Breakfast
Peas - Sugar Snaps
Strawberries
Asparagus - Purple Passion - will be moving and adding more
Red Potatoes

Things started inside:

Tomatoes - Amish Paste, Brandywine & Yellow Pear
Peppers - Jimmy Nardello & Tangerine Dream
Kohlrabi - never tried it before
Eggplant - Black Beauty

Things to plant in the garden:

Lettuce - different varieties
Spinach
Green Beans - Blue Lake & Rattlesnake
Cherokee Tan Pumpkin
Cukes - Boston Pickling (I think)
Cantaloupe - Hale's Best
Okra - Clemson Spineless - If I have enough room.
Marigolds
Sunflowers

I have some milkweed seed that I need to find a place to plant. Somewhere that DH won't mow it down.
Oh, and Goji Berry seeds. I forgot I had them! Need to get a couple started and see how they do.

I need a bigger seed starting table, with more lights. Or maybe just a green house!
Gardening is fun. The more I do, the more I want to do! :)

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
looking over everyone's lists, there is a large diversity from zone to zone... i like it...

Latest posts