What are you planning for Spring?

warmfuzzies

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Come on, now, be honest... I KNOW you are all drooling over seed catalogs and making plans. That is what January is for!

So, what are you planning?

I am planning to grow three kinds of tomatoes, bell and hot peppers, three kinds of potatoes, several rows of green beans, a lot of winter squash, yellow squash, corn, maybe popcorn, peas, cucumbers, watermelon and cantalope, lettuce, luffa sponges, and maybe a few new things..... LOL but I am just getting started.

BlackThumb

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Yesterday, I started jalapeno, anaheim, cascabella, and poblano in the window sill in six packs.

I also have seeds for beefsteak and cherry tomatoes, carrots, corn, yellow and green squash, butternut squash, watermelons, cucumbers, black beans, green beans, peas, beets; onion sets, and both raspberry and boysenberry bareroots about ready to go in. I think there are more, but I can't remember off the top of my head. It's about two months until I can really start planting, so there is time for rototilling, and hopefully finding the wood to build raised beds.

wifezilla

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Well, as soon as I figure out what I did with those darn starter pots, I am going to get some elephant garlic in the dirt :D

I also want to start some broccoli and some brussel sprouts. That might have to wait. I need more lamps.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm planning to fine tune my plantings to what I like to can and put up for winter. My brother gave me a load of cinderblock and I'm going to put in a proper cold cellar next summer. I am aiming to produce about 90% of my family's food. We're at about 70% right now.

bcallaha

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Last year I planted green beans, tomatoes, bell peppers, squash, and corn. I'm going to expand this year to include peas, radishes, lettuce, and lima beans. I've been looking over the many catalogs I get and can't wait until spring!!

Brad

4grandbabies

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Well when the first catalogs came, I went crazy and ordered lemon trees, coffee plants etc, which wont be shipped here till April, as far as garden ..we will grow a lot of tomatoes, for eating ,fresh salsa(my son in law makes that) canned salsa, tomato sauces, crushed tomatoes for chili --did I say a LOT of tomatoes. Then green beans, corn, oakra, spinach, lettuce radishes lots of onions, cabbage, broccoli, squashes, peppers...and much more.
I take a tour of my garden via the catalogs daily.. cant wait, but wait we will. It wont be until mid april late may

boggybranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Let's see......sweet peas, Kentucky Wonder beans, purple hull peas, bush beans, climbing butterbeans, taters, maters, lettuce, spinach, eggplants, okra, squash (6 plants, not 22 like last year), herbs, marigolds, cukes, onions, collards, watermelons, cantalopes, bell peppers, jalapeno peppers, radishes, cabbage and anything else that I can find a space for, that's not on the "list".

Want to give broccolli and brussell sprouts a go, too. (never planted them before....but LOVE to eat em)

tomatokate

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I have some garlic, and lavender in pots already, but have yet to plant (for 2 months), peas, lettuce, green peppers, and strawberries; and around a month or so later, black beans, bachelor's buttons, and pumpkins.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
New garden fence, new planting design for the garden, finally, really using companion planting to the full effect, using green mulching more, producing more~ and more varieties, preserving more, selling the extras, keeping a gardening journal to document success or failure, getting bees for extra pollination......oh, too many things to list! :D

Can't wait! OH....also building a greenhouse.

lupinfarm

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
New raised beds, tilling up the old plot garden and turning it over to raised beds because it seems all the weeds in the world congregate here.

Fencing in the garden....

Latest posts