What Are You Planting Today, This Week, This Month?

Reinbeau

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
NJfarmer said:
I am not going to be able to plant anything for a while its to cold in NJ
NO kidding (she mutters as the latest nor'easter roars outside). I'm not going to see the ground for a few weeks at least, then it'll be frozen solid! All I can do is dream....

This thread is mean :rant :lol:

henrietta23

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
A few weeks ago I planted paper whites for my kitchen table. Does that count? :p
Looks like they'll be in bloom for Christmas.
We had freezing rain all night and light snow and rain all day. On top of the foot of snow we got last week. I could maybe plant icicles. Meanwhile I'll have to enjoy all the southerners planting tales.

LisaJean

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I haven't planted anything today yet. Waiting for things to dry out a bit more after the torrential rain we had two nights back.

Once I don't have to work in mud, I will be moving the last of my cabbage plants, and my red lettuce to the sideyard, where they will get more sun. I have already moved the broccoli, cauliflower and brussels sprouts.

Oh, I also planted hollyhocks, and hope to have flowers in the summer.

patandchickens

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Are you NUTS, Nifty? :p Planting? What I planted yesterday was a shovel into the expletive-deleted 4-foot snowdrift blocking the front door, is what. No exaggeration. Note that this is unusual even where I live, especially this time of year. Heaven knows when I'll see the ground again. [Yes, I realize there are warmer climates than this. Phththffft ;)]

Pat, who got home from a 10-day trip yesterday to discover that for the first time in 4 years, a rabbit!, which we normally have none of due to coyotes and feral cats and speeding gravel trucks, was apparently so desperate for food with all this snow that it has chopped down nearly all of my beautiful getting-fairly-large Aronia chokeberry and made a good start on at least one bridlewreath spirea, and I haven't been out to check the young apple trees yet but there are tracks out thataway, eeep <snarl>

Nifty

Garden Addicted
Administrator
Reaction score
You all are too funny. Yes, I know it is a bit pre-mature to start this thread, but I figured I'd get it in place now, nice and early, so you'd all know where to go once you start your planting! :D

silkiechicken

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Today I planted my shoe right into the poo mud left behind by moving the chicken coop to a new spot... It snowed today so not much grows at this time of year.

Latest posts