What Are You Planting Today, This Week, This Month?

DawnSuiter

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I've never planted in the fall... but TEG is really helping me extend my season!

In 2 weeks my 2nd crop of corn will be ready I think.. it's looking SO GOOD!!

Day before yesterday I planted as a test, half a row of each:
Carrots
Parsnips
Romaine
Iceburg
Spinach

and will plant those again in 2 weeks

SO EXCITED!!!

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
tomorrow...more of each lettuce, carrots, escarole, and more beets and chard

thinning onions and cauliflower starts

liming my beds.. fruit trees ect and adding all kinds of good things to my resting beds so they can build energy for spring/summertime planting

beefy

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
today i tore off three staghorn fern pieces from the big un the chicken, Ursela, is nesting in and i planted two in small square plastic pots and one in a wire hanging basket. i didnt have a coconut shell liner so i just put some of that black plastic you put down in flowerbed under mulch in the bottom of the basket to hold some mulch and leaflitter.

also i broke off some daylily proliferations and planted those in the ground. and i may plant some cypress trees i started from seeds two years ago in the ground. they are about 3-4 feet tall.

tomatokate

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I'm planting radishes today. I planted peas two weeks ago.:)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
This week I planted about 2 square feet of romaine lettuce seed and about 8 square feet of Fun Jen.

Fun Jen is a leafy Chinese cabbage, if I remember right. It doesn't form a head and is just a little milder than mustard greens. It looks rather more like lettuce. It's very quick.

It needs to be quick. We seem to be having a season that's running on about 2 weeks later this year :cool: but this is more than 2 weeks later than I've planted something like this :/. Planting Fun Jen in mid-August works easily but we are now in the last full week of summer. Average first frost date will be Wednesday for where I used to live . . . about 25 miles up the valley.

Fun Jen seed can be found thru Fedco Seed if'n you want to try it sometime ;).

Steve

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
my list of chores for today ..I think I am over my malaria and ready to push onward

in hopes I will have my dream perpetual garden I can not waste another day!

so today
RIP OUT THE TOPLESS SUNFLOWERS that are not growing peas on them (that really is working well for me the sunflower stalks hold the peavines very well right now)
PRUNE GRAPES
PLANT GARLIC
PLANT LETTUCE STARTS
PLANT MORE CARROTS AND BEETS
START IN POTS I TOOK THE LETTUCE ABOVE OUT OF SOME SPINACH, A FEW KINDS OF ENDIVE, CHICKORY AND ESCAROLE FOR SURE
COVER POTATOES WITH STRAW
BLANCH TWO CARDOON PLANTS

PUT HOOPS UP AND COVER SOME OF THE BEDS WITH COLD FRAMES NOW

PHEW! it is 8am not raining and I am sitting here? well I needed a shove and if I write it here I have to do it!

bye now :)

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
HiD,

Don't forget your cape!

Because that is the work of a SuperHero ! LOL , you sound very ambitious!

I would just sit and watch the Dahlias if it were me! :gig

2061149012_a1bab0fa2b.jpg

:bee

Latest posts