What can I do with hot peppers . . .

momofdrew

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I guess I am just an old New Englander because I find a mild salsa makes my nose run...LOL...I think you have to have an aspestos[sp] tongue to eat the hot stuff...

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Haha, me too, Momofdrew! I never had hot spicy food growing up, i'm always whining to my DH that the food he made is too spicy. I know, i shouldn't complain AT ALL, since i really appreciate the fact that he cooks at all!!! So what doi do, but encourage him by growing hot peppers! Silly, silly, silly...

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think you can enjoy hot peppers and not appreciate much heat.

First of all, there are ones like Anaheim that are really so mild that there's really no heat to them. And then, there are steps up from there. I had NuMex Joe E. Parker last year. Nice pepper, I didn't even know it was supposed to be hot until after I'd eaten a few.

Certainly, you owe it to yourself to try a jalapeno. There are varieties with the flavor but no heat.

I had a ripe Super Chili with my Nalley's chili, chopped tomato and cheese for lunch. Well, I didn't eat the whole Super Chili. I tried to pay very close attention to mincing about 20% of it :p and getting it into the bowl before sliding the whole thing into the microwave for 3min at 50% power.

Steve

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
momofdrew said:
I guess I am just an old New Englander because I find a mild salsa makes my nose run...LOL...I think you have to have an aspestos[sp] tongue to eat the hot stuff...
heh, my dh originally came from MA as a teenager. i grew up here and never cared for spicy hot foods as a kid! he has been able to gradually get himself used to the hot food being that way that he can tolerate it. while i'm slowly working my way up to his level the best i can do is eat his spicy food when i'm sick and can't smell it!

i found that i have issues with heartburn from sweet peppers but nothing happens when i have the extremely hot peppers except the heat will linger on the tongue or lips for a bit. so i don't mind it when he occasionally adds a little bit of a hot pepper to foods.

gone 2 seed

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I pack a jar (I remove the seeds s they aren't as hot) and then pour boiling white vinegar over them. Let it sit two weeks and they are ready either to use as hot sauce or eat the peppers. If using for hot sauce just add more boiling hot vinegar as needed. I did 3 jars fine dice for pizza.

Latest posts