What Can You Do, with a ripe tomato?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I was just feeling the need to brag ... embarrassed myself. No, I don't have a picture to post. Burned out on @so lucky 's thread. I'll admit to cheating here so as to make some kind of amends. Then, give you a chance to brag about tossing together good food in the kitchen.

Here goes. I felt I had minimum amount of time to prepare my lunch, yesterday. I set some water boiling. Slid some angelhair pasta out of the box, broke it in half so I wouldn't make too much of a mess eating it, and tossed that in the water. It got a couple of stirs over its 4 minute cooking time.

Turning to my cutting board and a lovely, 10 ounce tomato! Chopped, mostly peeled, it went on top the cooked and drained pasta in a bowl. Into the microwave for 3 minutes at 40% power. While I'm nuking those two, I gathered the remaining ingredients.

Maggi sauce, garlic salt, shredded cheddar cheese, and my cheat - catchup.

Teaspoon of Maggie, tablespoon of catchup, sprinkle of garlic salt ... toss and back in microwave for 30 seconds. Half a cup of cheddar, 30 seconds more, toss lightly ... another 30 seconds.

I've got a meal! Under 10 minutes of cooking time ... a bowl, pan, knife, fork, and cutting board to wash. Tossed the empty ginger ale can in recycling - I'm off! (But, you knew that :).)

It was good! What can you do, with a ripe tomato??

Steve

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
i did something similar a few nights ago for dinner. did a full box of elbow mac so i could make a batch of mac 'n cheese and something else using some left over veggies and a few fresh from the farmers market tomatoes. threw into the pan some diced up tomatoes, fresh onions from the market too, mushrooms, garlic and some spices, threw this in with the pasta and wallah! dinner!

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Bruschetta with tomato and basil... on any old bread, bun or bagel, topped with a bit of mozzarella or parmesan. I think I could eat it every day!

Lazy day: Toast smeared with roasted garlic paste, tomato slices, sprinkle of basil, and a spritz of olive oil. mm-mm

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm not very creative.
Sliced on a home made pizza, along with our own garlic and onions.
Fresh, sliced on a plate with every meal.
Toss a couple in the lunch bag...

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Siance this is back to school days and cafeteria food is being served ..... FOOD FIGHT !!!! :woot

Latest posts