What can't you grow??

damummis

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Ok, everyone has one or two plants that just defy them. No matter how hard you try they just don't do what you want.

Mine are

BEETS

I get beautiful tops but no big root. Every other root crop, no problem.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Isn't that funny- beets are one of my most successful crops! Go figure. This year I had no luck with summer squash- come on 3rd graders grow this stuff! I just couldn't win the battle over vine borers!
I am really happiest growing things that want to grow- if you know what I mean. I don't enjoy babysitting things that don't want to grow in my garden. Being in zone 4- that list is long!
Don't give up on beets, they really are wonderful. Beet salad, with spinach leaves and feta can't be beat!

curly_kate

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Cauliflower! And I LOVE cauliflower. I had a little better luck growing the purple kind this spring, but only got about 1 head. :/

Oh, and I have also lost the battle with squash borers several years in a row. :(

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
After this year, I'd have to say Cauliflower too. Between the caterpillars and black rot, I was so discouraged -- I really don't know if I'll ever try it again!

:sick

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
This is the 3rd time I totally failed at broccoli!!!!!!!! Grrrrrrrrr :hit

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
What I can't grow well is vegetables. Perennials and annual flowers not a problem, but when I have tried veg gardens they have not produced well. Next season will be different we will have a secret weapon ((TEG)) LOL.

Andy J

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Brussell Sprouts.This will be my 2nd attempt.They aren't grown in my area,but I'm going to try it.I love to eat them.

My first attempt resulted in nice plants with sprouts about the size of English peas.

I ain't giving up!

Andy

desertcat

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Flowers of almost any kind :rant

The veggies grow great, but flowers don't seem to think that I need them in my life.