what cause my roses leaves and bloom dropped?

Jonrek

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I have different kind roses most are shrubs and climbers... and im wonder why all the green leaves are gone and the blooms are half dead/drop... anyone know what kind caterpie or insects are they? what should i do to make them gone? anyone can recommend.? Natural pesticide?

newbie here in garden..

so its my first time..please me...

thanks.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome Jonrek!

There could be a number of things causing your roses to lose leaves and blooms, maybe you could give us an idea of what region you are gardening in to start with, and if you could describe what the fallen leaves look like, for instance any discolored patches, spots, bumps...? Do the leaves look like they have been nibbled, or have holes in them? Do you have deer in your area?

A picture would be helpful too if you're able to do that.

Jonrek

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Im currently living here in South East Asia/Thailand.

I see signs nibbling/holes from the leaves... and also my starting to yellow with black/brown spots. were living in a village area so there no animals coming only squirrels i saw
in this time is dark soi cant take pix ryt now..maybe in the morning or later..
thanks

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Trying Googling pictures of rose blackspot and see if that looks like it. That would be the most likely culprit. You'll need to spray weekly with a fungicide, but it's best to start the spraying before it ever takes hold. Humid weather makes it worse. The leaves will grow back. Try to clean up all fallen leaves and burn them.

Welcome, by the way! :frow

Jonrek

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
hello everyone, :frow

heres some pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_3226.JPG
    IMG_3226.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_3227.JPG
    IMG_3227.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_3228.JPG
    IMG_3228.JPG
    134.8 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_3229.JPG
    IMG_3229.JPG
    153.8 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_3234.JPG
    IMG_3234.JPG
    94 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_3236.JPG
    IMG_3236.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 205

Jonrek

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
and also in my petunias. i see some signs of white trails, i dont know what is it. is it slime from slugs?

heres also the of it.

Attachments

• IMG_3236.JPG
    IMG_3236.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 202

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
That fourth pic does look like blackspot to me.

Your little buggie friend there can be killed with an insecticidal soap if you are seeing lots of them. If it's just a couple, I'd handpick and squish them. To make the soap spray, add 1 tablespoon of liquid soap (real soap, such as castille, not a detergent) to a quart of water and spray the bugs directly with a fine mist. It has to make contact to work and works great on soft-bodied bugs like aphids and small caterpillars or larvae. You might want to test a small section of the plant first to make sure the plant can tolerate it and don't spray it on during full sun on a hot day (don't ask me how I know about that :p ). Be sure to check the undersides of the leaves too. I don't know the name of your bug, but it looks familiar even though you are on a whole other continent.

Jonrek

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
new little nibblers:barnie i found while pruning my roses..

Attachments

• IMG_3238.JPG
    IMG_3238.JPG
    147.3 KB · Views: 223

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
and also in my petunias. i see some signs of white trails, i dont know what is it. is it slime from slugs?

heres also the of it.

That is leafminers. Larva from flies, thrips or moths travel inside the leaf. Most often a small fly. It's difficult to prevent unless you know the insect that laid eggs on the plant. Removing affected leaves is about all you can do. The feeding/tunneling usually lasts 1 to 3 weeks.

If you apply insecticidal soap or permethrin on a regular basis you may be able to repel the insects and prevent them from laying eggs.

I always get them on my Columbines. It doesn't kill the plant, just affects the looks.

Latest posts