What Color

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Going with lion fountain. While I like original finish it needs to be painted. What color I am leaning toward white with maybe gilded accents. My nephew thinks black
upload_2017-7-10_11-24-20.png
upload_2017-7-10_11-25-0.png

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
If you put a fresh coat of paint it will no longer look old. I think I'd do a metallic paint w/ a patina agent, like copper that has a patina acid (or whatever they use for that).

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
When I ordered my fountain, I had to pick from about 20 finishes/colors. Boy was that hard. I finally decided that I wanted it to have an italian look so I picked a terra cotta with darkish going through it. All black would make it look very parisian. It just depends on the look you want. Just remember that colors do fade over time.

By the way, I think white with gilded accents would look to garish. But that's just me.

Mary

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
it needs some welding, so paint will cover I also like original finish Do like the aged copper look
I do like a well done patina (copper is one I like better then others). The fountain looks old I think a fresh coat of "modern" pristine paint would take it to a whole new place, that could work if you went all in w/ it and ran w/ it. But if your trying for an old world secret garden type feel I think the paint needs to look old. Patina'ed terra cotta could look good too.

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Is the whole thing made out of metal? Or concrete? I can't tell by the picture.