What Did You Do In The Garden?

Nenebynature

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Haven't done much in the garden lately, lots of reasons. Instead of tending to the garden I cleaned out my nesting boxes and cut back herbs and flowers for the girls to enjoy tomorrow while they lay me beautiful eggs. I guess that counts as deadheading right?

Attachments

• IMG_3413.JPG
    IMG_3413.JPG
    169 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_3415.JPG
    IMG_3415.JPG
    153.9 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_3416.JPG
    IMG_3416.JPG
    202.7 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_3419.JPG
    IMG_3419.JPG
    180.8 KB · Views: 154

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Haven't done much in the garden lately, lots of reasons. Instead of tending to the garden I cleaned out my nesting boxes and cut back herbs and flowers for the girls to enjoy tomorrow while they lay me beautiful eggs. I guess that counts as deadheading right?
This is certainly part of garden work. Do your chickens eat the roses and herbs you put in the nest boxes?

Mary

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
IMG_2483.JPG

Replenished DW produce pile on kitchen counter. Harvested the potatoes they were on the large size as well as the carrots. Also all those bell peppers came off of one plant, it had 9 peppers on it. That is a record for me for sure. I need to get a scale to start weighing the harvests. Next year for sure.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nine bells on one plant?

That would be as record for me as well, @Collector !

Maybe with bells we could count the lobes. So, each bell counts as 4..... except, some of my bells would only count as 3. See, I can't even cheat without the wimpy sweet peppers tripping me up!

Steve

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have really not been doing much. We had the funeral for DH. I have been giving a lot of vegetables away. We have been eating tomatoes and beans. I froze a bunch of beans. The aphids came and got the Russian kale. I had a strange woman in my garden picking tomatoes and sunflowers, which I realized she knew my neighbor and I had told him he can pick whatever he wants. DS and I loaded the truck with weeds, the aphid kale, sunflowers and blackberries shoots. I am watering things trying to keep bushes and flowers alive until it ever rains. My garden really did well even with all the setbacks. I am still eating peppers, kale, collards, tomatoes, beans, squash, cucumbers, blackberries. Not garden related, but DS, DD, and SIL, we worked on the garage and made runs to the dump. I am going through all the homeschool things. I had 24 folders, 12 years each, of tests, papers, drawings, so I took things out of each folder and made 1 folder each. Now I have boxes of books to go through.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have really not been doing much. We had the funeral for DH. I have been giving a lot of vegetables away. We have been eating tomatoes and beans. I froze a bunch of beans. The aphids came and got the Russian kale. I had a strange woman in my garden picking tomatoes and sunflowers, which I realized she knew my neighbor and I had told him he can pick whatever he wants. DS and I loaded the truck with weeds, the aphid kale, sunflowers and blackberries shoots. I am watering things trying to keep bushes and flowers alive until it ever rains. My garden really did well even with all the setbacks. I am still eating peppers, kale, collards, tomatoes, beans, squash, cucumbers, blackberries. Not garden related, but DS, DD, and SIL, we worked on the garage and made runs to the dump. I am going through all the homeschool things. I had 24 folders, 12 years each, of tests, papers, drawings, so I took things out of each folder and made 1 folder each. Now I have boxes of books to go through.
Sounds like you are getting a lot done by decluttering and getting rid of stuff. There is a little book by the name of The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo. She says that if it doesn't bring you joy to get rid of it! I have followed her principles in my closet and garden. Slowly getting rid of stuff that is not special.

I froze my green beans in ziploc bags without blanching. They taste good and are still al dente after lightly steaming them but they seem to have a lot of water in them. Do you have this problem?

Mary

Latest posts