What Did You Do In The Garden?

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
When you live on a golf course, the only time you get remuneration for damage is if the golfer knows and comes to apologize for it. Otherwise, they look elsewhere and don't come to claim their ball. Just ask my neighbor at the Angels Camp home we had until 2017 - he had his solar panels broken three times, with nobody fessin' up.

I've got a collection of balls found in my back yard, and two side yards. There are about 8 so far and I've lived here for 6 months.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Everybody has to be somewhere and you are on a golf course. That is generally considered to be prime real estate because of the green view!

Prairie Rose

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
It's entirely too wet outside to do anything at this stage, the dog and I go wading through puddles daily for our walks (there's even standing water over the sidewalks in the park), but I have a final list for the seed orders made.

I also couldn't help myself...bought a new thermostat for my seedling mat, and today I started some seeds! The houseplants are lovely, but they just aren't fulfilling my garden cravings. I started two different types of sage, two oreganos, one thyme, some chives, and some marjoram. And for kicks I attempted to start some more rhubarb seeds again, because the ones I did in the fall damped off and died about three days after starting.

It might be hopeful dreaming, but at least I did something!

Prairie Rose

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
The marjoram is new to me this year, but it is listed as in ingredient in my italian herb blend...so lots of marinara sauce! After that I will experiment, but usually anything goes wonderful with potatoes and a little butter :)

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have not done any actual thing in the garden but I have already have started on garden related projects. 1st thing is a time lapse camera, the camera is out on a fence post in the garden hopefully making a time lapse video. I thought it would be easy if we had a actual time lapse camera . It is not the instructions are quite complicated, especially for someone not super high tech like me lol. I think I did get it set properly it is supposed to take 3, 1 second videos per day 9:00am, 12:00pm, 3:00pm :fl. The next thing I have done is bought a thee tier shelf on casters and set it up for our plant starting which is coming up in a week or so. We are thinking and talking about gardening everyday, so bring on the new season.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cut the grass again. It's kind of aggravating. Most of it's not growing, in some areas it's hard to see where you cut, but some areas (probably more moisture) look unsightly. Can't have that in the city. And it's spread out enough that I can't just weed eat a few areas.

I dug in some compost (160 pounds) in two of my raised beds. It's still a couple of weeks until I plant things but need to get started on getting ready. I intend to add more compost before I plant. It needs it. I still have stuff growing in my other raised beds but have started cleaning some of that out.

I'll bring in kale (Seedcorn's favorite) for supper tonight. That's doing so well I will not pull it for quite a while.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I took the old straw and bedding out of the hutch and gave them some new straw and some hay to eat, washed their water bowls. It was nice when I went out. Then, the wind came up and it started snowing. Looked like a blizzard and as soon as I finished and walked to the house the sun came out. I ordered seed today.

Latest posts