What did YOU do in your garden today :P

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm having a devil of a time getting things to come up. Soil is either too cold or now too hot.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Rebuilt the front raised bed today. Took much longer to do than I thought it would!

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
100_4752.JPG

Today I did field notes for the front section of my garden. This is the first Bean to flower this year. MONEY is a truly beautiful TRICOLOR dry bean.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Seed, would it be possible to cover your beds with a light layer of straw to shade the soil a bit to keep it cooler?
Again, have to replant the green beans. Dang grubs! Now on 4th time planting. Allowed sweet corn to soak 2 days. Planted them today. Can't believe all the grubs this year.

Planted green beans, sweet corn, okra (soaked seed 2 days), and cabbage seeds for later cabbage.

Then weeded, weeded and weeded!

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I planted a few annuals, temp went up to 86°, I can't do that. Then a friend stopped over and drug me back out to pick out some perennials she wanted... good time, but YAY a storm hit... :D
She will be back tomorrow to dig.

@seedcorn - I saw lots of grubs while edging the herb garden, green beans were coming up yesterday, I guess I better check on 'em.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Not much today, mostly honey-do's around the house. I did get my third planting of corn in, four more 20' rows.

I've noticed a lot of grubs too @seedcorn . I don't know what is going on. I dig mine by hand and everywhere there is grass or weeds, I turn over lots of grubs. It's not usually this bad. They do die when I find them.

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
replanted some of the heirloom beans and glass gem corn. planted lots of summer and winter type squash seeds too. noticed my Keiffer pear tree has 5 pears that must have cross pollinated with my Moonglow. the Moonglow unfortunately didn't get pollinated back, all it's flowers have dropped. there weren't many blooms on them to begin with so i'm not disappointed. i need to check the Gala apple that has been in bloom. noticed some of the black raspberries have started blooming too! in a few weeks to a month i should have nice ripe berries! :weee

Latest posts