What did YOU do in your garden today :P

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have finished my protective frame and netting for my patch down the bottom garden, all recycled materials! :)
I have to protect against rabbits, pheasants, pigeons, deer and cows! (Amongst others). There were fresh deer tracks again this morning..

That is really nice. I would love to see more pictures of your garden!

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have slowly been weeding. I hit the top of my head when I was trying to catch a rabbit in the herb garden. I raised up and forgot the kitchen window was open (one that cranks out). I have not really felt good until today. The weeds are starting to get ahead of me.

MIchael Hibberd

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Pretty pond! I knew the UK had deer, just didn't know what kinds. Found this.

http://www.bds.org.uk/deer_species_overview.html

Interesting to find that several of your deer varieties were transplanted. LOL Here in Texas we have exotic game ranches, where all kinds of deer and antelope are 'farmed" for hunters that pay big $$$ to go shoot one. I have only gone hunting for our native whitetails.

They were indeed. They came over from the continent with the Normans. No farms here @baymule, that I know of anyway :)

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I got the beds weeded all around the house, the children's garden, hosta bed, turn-around, DH's rhodies, and CMbutterfly garden. I keep after them every other day and together they don't take an hour's time early in the day.

I planted a small empty area with annuals just because I have too many for CMButterfly garden. Went out to lunch with other retired educators and shopped for a new tub/faucet set. Then I spent the rest of the day mowing, mowing, and mowing. It is close up where the non-grass-green-stuff shows. The yard lawns look fantastic from a distance.

Checked the fence for pea sprouts. None yet, but they should be coming up soon. Shot a few more pix of the blooming flowers, visited BFF up the road, and put the chickens to bed. Now I'm enjoying a sip of wine and spending time with friends.

It was a near perfect day in south-est, central-est Wisconsin.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
it's been a hectic couple of days. The lawn mower/tractor broke down (starter) so I took that in. I transplanted some zinnias and put green peas and chard in the freezer. I dehydrated some cilantro. I also replanted the black-eyed peas. Earlier I planted a 40' row and only two plants came up, but I planted a 20' row a bit later and all those came up. I guess I was just too early on that first row and the ground was not quite warm enough. At first I thought it was bad seeds but then that second row came up. Anyway it is replanted.

Practically everything is planted now so I'm switching to weeding, mulching, and harvesting mode.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Too wet to do much today after yesterday's 2" of rain. I did pull weeds in the front flowerbed though.

Spotted a giant puppy paw print from my neighbor's $5000 Harlequin Mastiff. :somad Need to finish getting the electric around, had to stop until I could buy some more wire. At least he won't be getting my chickens though.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I picked 450 dandelion flowers and de-petaled them. I put them in the freezer. I have a batch of dandelion wine working, if it is good, I'll make some more. I have enough petals in the freezer now for 2 more batches. I have started to slowly pull some of the dandelions up, saving the roots to dry, roast and try my hand at making tea from the roots. they're out there, they're free, so why not.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sorry, :lol: I can't imagine where my head was. It made for a very :yuckyuck, though.

I :caf read @baymule's, "I picked 450 dandelion flowers and de-petaled them", stopped, and :huwondered why anyone would play "He loves me; he loves me not" with :epfour hundred fifty :epdandelion flowers.

After a short period of puzzlement :he I read on and found that baymule made perfect sense, as usual.:oops: It is just one of those silly times that are too embarrassing :hide to share with anyone.

Latest posts