What Did You Do In Your Garden Today?

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh yea, I ran my lawn tractor out of gas yesterday too. End of the month running low on things like that. Even ran out of drinking water. I'm boiling drinking water for a couple of days. I did get 2 new 5 gallon jugs, want at least one more for water.

How about these new fangled gas can lids, all plastic, that think they are gas pump things. They last less than a year before they break, and there are no regular caps for them. Oh well, so I now have 3 gas cans with no lids. What the hey are they good for? Maybe one day I'll find a regular lid for them so they are any good. Meantime, next time I go to town I have to buy 3 more gas cans with new fangled tops that'll last a year, maybe. Ah, the things ya gotta do when ya live so far from all the crazy civilisation stuff.

Meantime I have my big British Shorthair Peeper on my lap being all charismatic. Life is good. Now if I can make sure my car is good to get to town and back for the trip to get supplies in a few days. Got to make sure all 6 cylinders are working right.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
lesa said:
At long last, we had a beautiful, perfect day! I was in the garden from sun-up to sun-down. Everything is tilled in the main garden. The ornamental gardens are weeded and the grass is cut. I had 5 wheelbarrows full of weeds and spring clean-up debris. I share most of it with the chickens- and they seem to enjoy it. Still plenty more to do- but I feel like I have a leg up on it. After dinner planted the onions and the fingerlings. The 50 pound bag of potatoes is still sitting there, looking at me! Happy to be at work today- resting!
I'm so happy to hear you are getting something done finally! I bet you worn yourself with a huge smile on your face! :D

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Lesa! YEEHAW!

I know you've been raring to chomping at the bits to have weather for gardening! Happy for you!

Wellp today, you guessed it, I planted more Beans! Only 5 seeds of each...

Hidatsa Shield Figure, Coco Rubico Long seeded, Black Allubias De Tolusa, 3 more...thinking...Oh yea, Italian Flat Wax Brown Seeded, Capirame Low Pick, Golden Lima, and a selection of Flor De Mayo that are especially good as shell beans. I actually think these are the very best shelly beans, even good sweet raw picked just right.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Today... nada!

They forecasted rain and fog from Sunday night to Friday. Its been straight down pour, after down pour. Bummer. I wanted to get more radish in.

bj taylor

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
vfem, I wish we could trade some weather. i'll share some of my gorgeous sunny weather & you give me some of your rain.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
That would be a nice swap BJ, at least I'd share 50% of it! :p

Got a break in the rain this afternoon and took a pic of some of the things going crazy over all the rain. Check out my babies grow!

5842_garden4-29.jpg

bj taylor

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
nothing here today except rant and rave. this weather front is like nothing I've have ever seen in my life. I would swear it is late jan or early feb.

rebbetzin

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
This morning I transplanted some morning glory seedlings to the base of some of my sunflowers. And just a bit ago, I noticed the sun was blasting a new tomato plant, so I adjusted the sunscreen. I need to take some photos of the garden in "Spring" mode. We are having a late start for many plants, and it is getting hot quickly here.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Not a darn thing.

Had to be a church to run sound and lights for a dance recital rehersal. Funny watching all the little girls doing their spins and jumps. A little frustrating that the teachers were completely disorganized and still trying to figure out routines - the recital is tomorrow night, for pete's sake......

Latest posts