What Did You Do In Your Garden Today?

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
after work planted a few more lettuce seeds, and looked around figure it was time to mow the yard all 3.5 acres< been lollygagging on that so it was a hay field> tomorrow is trash day took the cans up to the road
on the way back stopped to see if my pole beans were coming up......nope not one yellow bush bean yet... :lol:

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ran in one direction from the neighbor with the sprinklers . . .

Ran in the other direction from the neighbor with the weed killer tank mounted on an ATV & killing dandelions . . . .

Took a 2nd lunch so as to kill time . . . (sprinkler off, ATV back in garage) . . . then planted the snapdragons :).

Steve
who should have a garden home for all cool-weather crops by tomorrow. may have to wait a few days to put them in, tho'. suppose to have near 80F weather, Sun, Mon & Tue :coolsun!

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Set up a couple more 2 x 4 eight foot under the netting. Should be the last of those unless I need to get some 10 footers.

Overseeded the Greenstring variety. Only one showed signs of sprouting. Used seed from another plant, bigger nicer looking seed. May have to overseed the Montezuma Red.

Watered twice today.

There will be too many Nova Star. I may make another bed in the new section and transplant some into it. Ground to ground transplanting of Beans is like surgery. I overseeded them, then suddenly they all came up! :p Oh well, they are a brand new variety and need all the seed increasing they can get. Plus I want to see if they segregate!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Marshall, you blow my mind with what you get done in a day!

Here.... just started a war with the cutworms now.

Between those, the voles, the moles and the slugs... it's like world war III and North Korea and Iran are ganging up on me!

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yaaabut my feet are all hot now...and I'm a tired unit

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Punched holes with the post hole digger for dahlias . .

. more dahlias . .

and still more dahlias.

After digging up one path and realigning the beds so that they are all running the same way: I dug holes for dahlias everywhere I could in a 38' by 40' garden.

steve
SleepWork.gif

JimWWhite

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Today I planted a 4x4 box of jalapenos, habaneros, cayenne, and hot banana peppers. These will mostly go into making hot pepper jelly this fall when we harvest them. I also planted another 4x4 box across the garden with red and yellow peppers. The red ones I planted were those big, long red sweet peppers that come from eastern Europe. They are really great. And I planted beans, cantaloupes, and watermelons. I have six hills each of the melons. I still have a bunch of boxes that will be planted with sweet potatoes, cukes, and summer squash. I thinned out carrots today. I hate doing that. It just goes against my grain to kill small things that are just getting a start in this world. Imagine here's this big old man down on his knees pulling out baby carrots and crying his eyes out...

Also, see what else we did today with finding another swarm of bees that we managed to capture and rehouse.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Jim, I saw the swarm post... lucky you!

I've been coughing, and I'm very sick. :( The weather is still terrible. I dragged my sad, coughing, burning up butt outside and planted watermelons, radish and a few more carrots. In total misery I managed it. They are calling for rain for another week, I want to make sure while I'm held up inside miserable my garden and seeds can thrive. ;)

Ok, but off to bed to try to sleep again. As soon as I lay down I start coughing and vomiting. Its been a sad couple of days. I want to sleep and dream of sun, and all the great stuff in my garden happening I've been missing.

JimWWhite

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
VFem, you take care. Sorry to hear you're sick. Don't go too long without going to the doctor's though. Over in the Burlington area there's been an outbreak of Whooping Cough, of all things. I thought that was a dead disease of the past. There was one or two students at our granddaughter Halie's middle school over there who were diagnosed with it. And I planted today too because we're supposed to be in for several days of rain over here in central NC.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Get better and try to take it easy and sleep in.

Latest posts