What Did You Do In Your Garden Today?

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Not outside, but yesterday I transplanted beefsteak tomatoes to bigger pots. I have been buying recyclable paper type pots this year. I had good success with NG round pots. I picked up some burpee square pots. After I transplanted with start soil and watered THESE nearly fell apart during transport to my greenhouse!!! NOT recommending them. :smack

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
I have thought of it...BUT, I would need to buy a mold. So far this year, I have spent over $200 on all gardening supplies--I decided to keep track in 2013. Without a mold I guarantee my paper pots will fall apart. :th

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
I tried to sneak out to transplant my tomatoes into larger pots... nothing brings customers like gardening! Drat! Maybe, tonight....

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Steve, materials handler here.

I will be at the garden after lunch but all I've done all morning is dance plants around the backyard. Even those tomatoes that have never seen the blue sky, came out so that I could get fish emulsion on them. Then they had to go back under cover to protect them from the sun. I've really stunk up the neighborhood!

Some of the tomatoes will stay out in the "sweet spot" to soak up filtered sunlight right thru the day. Those all have had mid-morning sun several times. The sun will show up strongly on that spot during late afternoon and I will likely move them off to the shade. Really, they could go off to the open garden at any time if I could just be confident of the weather. Keeping them out of the heat is the issue now but it looks like the 8 to 14 day will be "above normal" here so I can't help but think that is IT for a last frost!

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/predictions/814day/index.php

Steve :coolsun

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Come on guys, you gotta get more done... I have nothing I can do so I'm watching faithfully to see what you guys are doing so you can rub it in my face! :lol:

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
planted some more..
radishes
bib lettuce
joi choi
carrots
parsnips
oregano

and pulled a few weeds

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I weeded the peas and lettuce, finally planted the onions, watered peas, onions, strawberries, asparagus, everything in the hoop house and the potatoes. I think I may have lost most of the potatoes though. I see very few sprouts coming up and they have been in the ground for a couple of weeks. It's been very dry here lately.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Under a blazing sun, I cultivated one-half of a 62' garden path, where the 4" field sprinkler pipe ran last year.

Then, I moved one path over, where the sprinkler pipe runs this year. And, I moved the soil on that side of the bed over to the path that I had just dug up :rolleyes:. Now, that path is 3' wide and, with any luck, I won't fall over the pipe at some time thru the growing season :/.

It was fairly important for me to do this because the tomato plants are going in that bed, probably next week. They don't know how to behave themselves and will conspire to use the pipe to trip me up!

Also, some kohlrabi was planted and I watched the tractor guy till up a major expansion for the big veggie garden in the hay field on the other side of the fence
shock.gif

Steve

Latest posts