What Do Ya'll DO All Winter?

Southern Gardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I can sympathize with you baymule. Even though we dont live on the frozen tundra, it has been cold, rainy and very gloomy here for days!! We have dense fog this morning that makes it even more depressing its supposed to start raining again on Tuesday and rain through the week. :hit

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Time

shovel_snow_smiley_zps4b845bf2.gif

for myself.

Steve

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Today was sunny! :coolsun When I drove out to feed the horses, I spent about an hour picking up sticks and small trees and made several piles for burning later. Even mom came outside this afternoon for a little while. But tomorrow the clouds come back and it will be thunderstorms all week. More gray and gloom. But we really need the rain. Maybe it will fill up the pond.

Journey11, I looked in the cabinet and I am all out of vitamin D. Thanks for the suggestion, I will get some more. I knew that, just needed a reminder!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
baymule said:
. . . and he was really excited. . .
Okay, Bay'. You did that for Bobby. (And, to treat us with a very youthful voice & song from the '60's ;).)

So now, what are you gonna do for Bay'.

Steve's digits

desertlady

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Hello ! I let all my chickens do the work for me!. Its been chilly here with ice on ground ! I am now starting my indoors seeds ! I really missed working outside ! :(

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think I have to stop reading the site for a while. It is way too early for me to start my seedlings. I am ready to run out and buy more seeds after reading your post!I'm hungary for dirt fun!!!I think I'll look for a orchid show!
desertlady said:
Hello ! I let all my chickens do the work for me!. Its been chilly here with ice on ground ! I am now starting my indoors seeds ! I really missed working outside ! :(

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
What about a terrarium? Something small and simple could give you a whole different appreciation for gardening. My Dad always has a couple of them going at any given time. He's had one going for YEARS now and its really slick. Has a rabbits foot fern, another fern we forgot the ID on, some air plants, and a few other very lush tropical plants growing too. Has a single fixture over it, and it definately helps with the winter blahs. He's also got a couple other small aquariums with fixtures over them and they have african violets in them. They are potted and sit in a couple inches of gravel for drainage. They bloom, and really look great.

I myself have an aquatic plant tank....which means I garden underwater. Its a small aquarium with a betta in it, and a variety of submerged plants that make up his little aquatic garden. I've had at least 1 tank going since I was 8 or so, and in the last few years really gotten into aquarium gardening. I prune, replant, divide, even get blooms in my little aquarium.

They both help and give me something to tinker with till the days are long enough and warm enough to get things rolling.

http://showcase.aquatic-gardeners.org/2012/categories.html give you some ideas of the upper end of what people are doing.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Spend too much time on websites, watch college BB, and wait for spring as I drool over seed catalogs.

Latest posts