What Do You Overwinter ?

SprigOfTheLivingDead

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I used to overwinter a pepper plant or two, but this winter I've upgraded and setup a grow tent to help out that passion :) I am too afraid to try hydroponics though

My wife wasn't exactly excited about the whole setup ($$$), but she's totally on board now and looking forward to the tomatoes and has already harvested a few rounds of the thai basil.

I don't overwinter, but grow during the winter. Not being a big fan of salads during the cold weather I grow a lot of what I call pot greens: chard and our favorite, beet greens. In just a few weeks this planting will yield enough chard for servings for two meals for Theresa and myself. They really perk up a meal on a cold day.
jackb

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
This winter I will not be growing tomatoes or cucumbers indoors. I decided to use the grow tents to overwinter the olives. Well, I do intend to grow a tiny tomato called Florida Petite. It only grows eight inches high but has 1.25" fruit.
jackb

w_r_ranch

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I only protect my orange & lime trees, spider plants, MIL Tongue & the ferns (hanging baskets). I also use it to germinate my vegetable seeds.

WRR960.jpg

WRR961.jpg

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I only protect my orange & lime trees, spider plants, MIL Tongue & the ferns (hanging baskets). I also use it to germinate my vegetable seeds.
Heated greenhouse or isn't that necessary where ya'll are? It looks great! Did I remember to invite you North once your garden bites the dust of deep summer? I really need a neat freak visit about that time. DW and I can slip off to Mall of America while you tidy up.

Latest posts