What Do You Think

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hey, if Seedcorn likes it, I would take that as endorsement enough and beat feet over there to snatch it up!
It would be fun to play with even if you didn't actually put it to work.
Just stay away from that pond NYboy. ;)

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
DO NOT use this to mow the pond plants!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sSig_nonosign.gif

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I hope nephew has a good report. I was fearing the machine would be gone while you were thinking about the purchase. I think it would be FUN and PRETTY and USEFUL.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Nyboy, I have taken myself off the tractor, but never taken the tractor off me. That is I have driven under a low branch or two and found myself swinging without the tractor, but (SO FAR) I've kept the tractor out of deep depressions such as a pond or pit. It's probably just a bit of luck I've had so far.

I just spent half an hour looking for the lawnmower gas cap. DH said he went to get gas for the mower and the cap was gone.
" I couldn't find it."
"What couldn't you find?"
"The gas."
"The gas is right here beside the garage door."
"That's the gas you bought this morning. Where's the gas for the lawn mower?"
"That gas IS for the lawn mower."
"No, that's not the right gas."
"Yes,it is. The lawnmower gets the same gas as the car."
"What about the other gas can?"
"That gas is only for the chain saw."
"Not for the lawn mower?"
"No, only for the chain saw."
"Then were is the gas for the lawn mower?"
"It is right here in the big orange can."
"That gas goes in the lawn mower?"
"Yes, the lawn mower, the garden tractor, and the car all use the same gas."
"Well, I couldn't find it."
"You couldn't find the gas?"
I couldn't find the cover for the gas tank on the lawn mower." [We walk back and forth over the front lawn area where it might have fallen off. Walked it again. Went over to an old mower waiting for the trash. Took off the gas cap. It didn't fit the new mower.]
"RATS!" "Do you have any idea where you filled the mower up last?"
"Didn't even mow yet today."
"Was it on the mower last night?"
"That was yesterday, I mowed yesterday, but I haven't mowed today. I couldn't find the gas can."
"The gas can is up by the garage. Do you know where the cap might be?"
"I can't find it. I took it off to put in gas. It's not there."
"You just took it off?"
"Yes, to get gas, but I couldn't find it."
"Couldn't find the cap?"
"NO, COULDN'T FIND THE GAS CAN!"
"But you just took the cap off so you could put gas in the mower?"
"Yes." [Move the mower backward 6 inches or so.]
"Here it is. It must have fallen off the mower."
"Okay, good. Where is the gas for the mower?"
"Let's take the mower up to the gas can. It's pretty heavy to carry back to the mower." [Push mower to garage.] "Now you can pour the gas into the mower."
"Is that the gas that goes into the mower?"
"Yes, it is. The same gas as for the garden tractor goes into the lawn mower."
[Pour gas, put on cap, go out to mow.] And the 'Laurel and Hardy routine' begins again with a whole 'nother story about what part of the lawn has already been 'done' and what hasn't.

Sorry, I just had to vent. No not vent. I needed to refocus and set the conversation behind me. I am losing this wonderful man piece by piece; and it seems pieces are falling to the wayside faster and faster each day.

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
omg nyboy!!..run fast!!...go directly to that CL guy and buy it!!! We had 2 of those back in the undergrowth of this property when we moved in. It took a year to clear it all out to dig them out and see what they were.
Sadly....they are in no way condition.....a mess.
David Bradleys are the new old car restoration fad these days. $800.00 is a steal!! :D

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
For a collector, not real valuable as altered. BUT as a very COOL work equipment, outstanding. IF u get it, report what you think. Originally it would have had tractor style tires and not car tires.

We are fixing up a Wisconsin 2 wheel cycle mower with Clinton engine. Not restoring but making it functional.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Smart Red, your post brought tears to my eyes. Any chance of meds to slow the progression of the memory loss?
I don't know. Dr. didn't find any chemical imbalance as a cause. DH wouldn't take any meds anyway. In our 45 years together he has not taken so much as one aspirin. Suggestions to help get rid of headache or back pain get the response, "How will I know I'm better if I take pills?" Nope, his idea for everything is to work it off. Hardest worker I've ever known. At 77, he takes no meds for any health problem 'cuz he's never had a health problem he thought a doctor could help. Blood pressure, cholesterol, heart, etc. all great. THIS I didn't expect.

Latest posts