What Gutter Protectors Do You Have ?

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
2 years ago I ripped the old roof off and replaced with a new one. With new roof came new gutters, professional installed by company that only does gutters. During a heavy rain last week I noticed water was spilling over rather then draining though down spout. When I checked the gutters I was shocked they had no cap or filter, nothing to stop leaves and debris. The old gutter had hardware cloth over them doing a good job keeping gutters free running. I see online a gutter foam, you place in gutter, so debris can't collect, seems simple enough, anyone use it?

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sorry.. no help..
When the water starts to overflow so bad that I'm walking through a curtain of water, I clean out the gutter...

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have seen a plastic mesh that you just kind of roll into place. It holds itself in, no cutting, no weight. The mesh allows smallish things through--I think it's about a half inch mesh. Leaves shouldn't be a problem, but maple seeds might gather.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
really wished we did that when we had the gutters put up.. 2-3 times during the fall i'm up on the roof with the leaf blower cleaning them out....
maple, gum, oak the east gutters are like a magnet....

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
We have the gutter guards that So Lucky mentioned. We had a real mess with them when neighbor had the Silver Maple. It held EVERY one off the seeds tight, in an upright position. They looked like a LONG Indian headdress. Then they all GREW! :eek: What a mess. DH took them off to clean and never put back up... we will see how that works. :rolleyes:

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
No gutter protectors here. Cleaned them twice a year for nearly 40 years. Now son does the cleaning. Oak trees drop a mess three times a year -- flowers, acorns, and leaves. Messy, messy, messy!

Latest posts