What?! I bought another plant, you say?

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes, we sure did!

I noticed some green plant with flowers that looked like roses, but no thorns!
I fell in love instantly!
We ended up bringing home a "Black tie camellia" and a "Taylor's perfection camellia"!

Does anyone have pictures of the full plants, in garden and adult gone natural?? I can only find close ups of the flowers...

No idea where I'll be putting them, but the black tie are so dense and heavy, flowers, such pretty rose-like blooms! And it's an evergreen!
Our tree will be removed this Thursday....they kept putting it off because of the freak snow and then daily rain...Gawd, I hope it doesn't rain again!

I kind of want them to grow natural, but I don't know if they will be a mess of a bush or more tree like or Mangolia-like. Should they be trimmed like hedges??

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sec! Camelias can be amazingly huge if the right variety and my theory is, the right lil ole lady caring for it!!

Down in Potter Valley there are several houses, old, two story houses, that have Camelias up to the roof. One has half the tall house covered. A red variety all of them like that. I'm pretty sure they each have a little old lady living at the houses.

On the other hand, most Camelias seem the size of a normal bushy rose plant. They are not related. They are tender but can take quick light frost.

They seem to grow best on the sunrise facing side of the houses.

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
These say 7-8ft by 4ft.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
There is a Hotel on Blackstone St . in Freno , Cal. that has small Camelias along walkways for hedges about 2-3 ft tall. The Camelia bushes in beds from 4-5 ft as well as some tree type Cameia trees about 20 ft. tall. very prety when in full bloom. :rainbow-sun

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
And no pictures....?
:(

OH, finally found some.
sarah-frost-p3065434.jpg

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
One of these days I'll remember to take my camera with me when I go to town and photo them.

nelson castro

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
secuono said:
These say 7-8ft by 4ft.
Addition to the information is that these plant soil pH loves acidic as well as neutral type.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
WOW! That is beautiful!

Likes acidic soil??? Best on the sunrise side of the house...... I thing that I just might have found the evergreen to fill in between my myrtles... Hummmm.... :fl
Do they come in yellow????

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Slightly acidic soil only slightly. They'd love lots of peat moss.