What is the song or poem weighs up how you feel today??

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
The story is that John Lennon intended the song to be completely ambiguous. No, that isn't a strong enough term. Well, "in your face" is probably a bit too strong but John was certainly asserting himself artistically. The result was that some folks took an immediate dislike towards the song.

I was one who responded with a "What!?!" But then, I let it slide. That John later claimed that the walrus was Paul, I just shrugged off.

Confusion about identity after trauma makes "sense," however. We sometimes are surprised by animals responding in somewhat of a human way. But, even plants respond to trauma.

I don't know how traumatic it is to feel that it is necessary to adjust to the new but I was really feeling that yesterday. Population and technology changes, dang. I absolutely cannot be stuck in "the way it used to be" thinking or my experience in the modern world is gonna really be limited!

Thankfully, many people will make allowances for me because they recognize the "conditions" but adapting and adjusting will be personally necessary or I may as well just replace that Spanish woman who crawled out of a cave after her 500 day adventure.

Steve ;)
Good old Steve :)

Pulsegleaner

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
The story is that John Lennon intended the song to be completely ambiguous. No, that isn't a strong enough term. Well, "in your face" is probably a bit too strong but John was certainly asserting himself artistically. The result was that some folks took an immediate dislike towards the song.

I was one who responded with a "What!?!" But then, I let it slide. That John later claimed that the walrus was Paul, I just shrugged off.

Confusion about identity after trauma makes "sense," however. We sometimes are surprised by animals responding in somewhat of a human way. But, even plants respond to trauma.

I don't know how traumatic it is to feel that it is necessary to adjust to the new but I was really feeling that yesterday. Population and technology changes, dang. I absolutely cannot be stuck in "the way it used to be" thinking or my experience in the modern world is gonna really be limited!

Thankfully, many people will make allowances for me because they recognize the "conditions" but adapting and adjusting will be personally necessary or I may as well just replace that Spanish woman who crawled out of a cave after her 500 day adventure.

Steve ;)
Well, John Fogarty of CCR said repeatedly that "Lookin' Out My Back Door." was written for his young son, and most people STILL think it's about a drug trip.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
This is beautiful song about a beautiful shelter and the amazingly wonderful person that created it.

Latest posts