What is this tree Like Housplant

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
It sounds like you have the same plane only mine is vergated.

Sorry I don't remember the true name but at least Ron can step in and tell you more!

usschicago1

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
So I did what the fist post said. And The plant was doing awful. My parents have an awful Black thumb (mines super Green)LOL. But there was like mold in the soil all the roots were black. Only like a couple white roots per plant. So i took the new little plants and cut them off of the big plants. Actually one i took some wood with it and one i didnt. Then i let them scab over for about an hour. They I planted them in soil lightly moist. I also cut the leaf parts off the plant to stick them in. I didnt have any rooting hormones. But if i didnt the big plants were so far gone they wouldnt make it. So does it sound ok for the little plants? I REALLY want them to make it, i like it more than my cacti!
Thanks for being so helpful and supportive
mark

usschicago1

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
i Know my pics are HORRIBLE! Im getting a new digital camra this saturday so they will be proffesional quality compared to these.
6508_photo_00479.jpg

Ill try to get a better one tommorow. Its dark here;D

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hey I forgot to welcome you to the board

:welcome

Yes I think a new cam would be in order.

Not to be mean but I don't think even Greensage could ID that last picture! LOL

Good luck with your new camera.

usschicago1

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Thanks! What i am using now Is the webcam attached to my computer and of course It doesnt have flash or quality pictures to begin with. But i have a new camra coming soon! And i will post pictures of the plant then (;

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
If you think the main plant is on it's way out you can make more from it as long as the stem is not rotted.

It can be cut into 3 or 4 inch pieces and laid on sandy soil. It helps to make long staples to hold it in place. After a few weeks a few nodes will begin to swell on each chunk you made. I say a few weeks but it may take you a little longer but each swollen node will be a new stem.

They sell Ti plants in chunks like this. The Ti is a Dracaena with red leaves and stems.

Latest posts