What is this tree?

MuranoFarms

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
It's probably only 5 foot tall. Last year it only bloomed for like, 2 days. It was here when we bought the place but never seems to grow. Thanks!
DSC_0009-2.jpg

AmyRey

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Yep - looks like a weeping cherry to me too, although I've only seen pink ones.

AmyRey

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Oh yes - from here in Macon, Georgia, the self-proclaimed "Cherry Blossom Capital of the World" I can say that that is most undoubtedly a cherry blossom. :)

MuranoFarms

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
ninnymary said:
Looks like it could use alittle trimming to make it more weepy. That's a personal choice.

Mary
I have no idea what to do! Is there a site? Link?
Thanks!

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
My MIL has one of those, but hers is a soft pink color. They do eventually get quite large. The trunk on hers now is about a foot and a half in diameter. It's about 15 years old. It was so pretty this spring and as it would figure I didn't have my camera on me at the time. I would have loved to have taken a picture looking up into it, since it looks like it is raining down on you. If it's windy or rainy, the blooms don't hang around very long. You have to have nice, mild weather to really get to appreciate it in full.

From your picture, I would definitely prune out that left-most limb that sorta pops up before it weeps down (cut on the main limb, just before where that odd limb begins. You want to shape it like an umbrella. You can prune to shorten the limbs and afterwhile they will send out more branches that will go downward again.