What Kind of Chives Do I Want?

greengenes

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
That's funny. :gig
Nursery's are holes in the ground that take your money energy and faith in humanity...
But, when it isn't hot, and you get on top of the weeds and someone places an order... It feels okay. :ya

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Greengenes, that is one of those businesses that seem that a dream from afar- and are more likely nightmares up close! I don't think my 12 pots of chives will cut into anybodies business, too much! I will be happy to be rid of them- they have been haunting me for years!

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
No, I was kidding. I have no aspirations of nursery grandeur.
They are my favorite places to spend more than I ought and bring home plants that I previously had no plan for though. :)

So @greengenes, you operate a nursery? That's hard work!

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Lesa, wish you were closer. I need 1 more chive plant. Guess I'll have to spend $2.49 for one at Trader Joes's. ;)

Mary

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh, I would have loved to share with you! So you have great weather and a Trader Joe's...one more thing for me to be jealous of!!

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Lesa, I didn't know you were familar with Trader Joe's. We finally got one in Alameda a few years ago. It's great for small families and has great prices. I just wish I could do all my shopping there but with my preschool, I need things in larger quantities.

Mary

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
My life would be complete if we had one near us...finally, one came to the Albany area- but that is 1.5 hours away. However, it is pretty close to my DD- she is nice enough to pick up some of my favs!

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
So what is Trader Joe's uniqueness?
We don't even have a Cosco around here. Got a Sam's, and Aldi's, and Walmart.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Trader Joes's uniqueness? It is a small store where they have the basics like apples but not 10 or more varieties of them. They have organics and things like bacon without the nitrates. They have buyers scouring the world and bargain hard to bring the best in foods at the best prices. You can also get in and out of there pretty fast.

I shop there every once in a while. When I do I usually buy 5 bacons and freeze them. I also buy 4 bags of raw sunflower seeds and freeze those also. They have Charles Shaw wine at $3 a bottle which is very good. Best price on chia seeds also.

Mary

greengenes

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
No, I was kidding. I have no aspirations of nursery grandeur.
They are my favorite places to spend more than I ought and bring home plants that I previously had no plan for though. :)

So @greengenes, you operate a nursery? That's hard work!

It is a love hate relationship. When the weeds are under control, and the prop house is full..and no one is mad at me because their order turned to mush over night...It is a good way to spend my life. One gets used to poverty... I just wish we made enough to hire some help back.
You all go out and stimulate your local economy!
..at your local nursery...treat yourself to that 'special something'.;)

..and I could use some chives. Want to trade a hibiscus liner for some bulbs?