What Lawn or Garden Tool Have You Always Wanted but...

OldGuy43

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I'm sure we all have some tool, implement or structure that we have always wanted, but could never justify purchasing for whatever the reason. I know I do, but I will wait until there are a few posts on this topic, not wanting to point it in a specific direction.

Tell us your dreams, your wants, your desires. ;)

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I find the mantis tiller impossible to live with out. I just bought my 4th one. That may sound bad to you but 4 in 35 years I consider a good run. The first 2 lasted around 12 years. Going out now to use my new one for the first time.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I don't have a tiller, but my garden is all in beds, so a tiller would be a waste of space. Skip the little stuff and get to the real #1 WANT-I-NEED-THIS!! I want a John Deere 75 HP cab tractor 4WD, with front end loader, back hoe attachment, square baler, Kuhn cutter, rake, bush hog, auger and box blade.

bj taylor

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I would like some labor help about 3x a yr. somebody who has no brain, no suggestions, no ideas - will just do what I tell them to do. the other thing is a mule or other similar type machine with a big bed to hold tools, feed, injured animals, hay & is easy to run out into the pasture or the back section to check on the goats.

OldGuy43

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
bj taylor said:
I would like some labor help about 3x a yr. somebody who has no brain, no suggestions, no ideas - will just do what I tell them to do. the other thing is a mule or other similar type machine with a big bed to hold tools, feed, injured animals, hay & is easy to run out into the pasture or the back section to check on the goats.
How 'bout a used limo? :D

peteyfoozer

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I don't think I need any expensive tools, my little tiller I bought last year bit the dust already and I am back to doing with out it and getting by ok...but it'd sure be nice to have a strong back again, or someone to help out! So far, my only helpers have been: the turkey who keeps falling in my planting holes and grabbing my fingers, the BigWhiteDogs who re-dig whatever I dug and planted...and the BigRedDoG who thinks he should bring me sticks and pull up grass at every opportunity. DH did promise to dig a hole for my new tree though...last week...still waiting....

Latest posts