What Looks Best?

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Have you grown yellow midgets before? If so, pros and cons.

No. I haven't had any success with watermelons. I should just bite the bullet and go the black plastic route. I don't think they get the heat they need to ripen. Even the Blacktail Mountain, which I was so excited about discovering. It was developed by a guy a few miles north of me, but it didn't grow well in my garden.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I wanted to grow these Yellow Dolls because they mature early. I think that characteristic must have nothing to do with their ability to survive changeable spring weather. Okay, whiplash weather!

Sticking with galia melons for about 10 years has much to do with the fact that they stuck with me. I don't think I've killed one yet. None have died this year but I'm surprised that Goddess is jumping ahead of them. It's a sharp curve of survival and growth with the varieties in the melon patch.

The winter squash plants are actually larger than the pumpkins. They are vining like crazy. Zucchini. I brought home 3 last week but there are plenty more out there now!

Steve

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
While you are picking zucchini, I just bought seeds to try for the 3rd time to get a plant.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
The watermelon plants died ...

But, with pumpkins looking so good early, 2 vines died. I don't see a reason for it.

The Galia have nearly caught up with the cantaloupe.

First sweet corn plants are overachievers! Second planting are puny ...

About the only thing easy to explain is how June weather stunted and ultimately killed the watermelon.

Steve

Larisa

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
The watermelon plants died ...

Steve, a while ago, you had Quote from historical engagement ring in your underwrite.(if I'm not mistaken).
Maybe for the gardener - extremals, can be successfully used inscription Solomon's ring. If the ring of Solomon was bigger, I would add to "All will pass. This too shall pass" my " But hope remains".
Every year I plant the northern melons and watermelons. But the great harvest will come to me, when pigs fly. This June - it’s raining cats and dogs. But this is not important. The cold - that's where buried dog. But I will not climb into the bottle because of this reason. And after a year I will not pull the cat's tail. I will plant the seeds early.
It is said that this is possible - to add to watermelons the fish gene and firefly gene. Then watermelon will not be afraid of the cold, and it will glow in the dark.
I do not believe! It's a duck! Great roast duck! From fried duck soup cook impossible.

Truth, Steve? ;)
mocking.gif

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
:lol: That was fun! Truth @Larisa !

Proper use for genetic engineering :D!

I was wondering if it was possible that I planted something other than my usual Rock Star pumpkins, tried and true. No, they are Rock Star ... must have had some kind of energy lapse.

Rock-Star.png
We have to just approach all this in a spirit of fun! Fun and Anger ;).

Steve
~ The School of Rock ~

Dewey Finn: Yes! But, you can't just say it, man. You've gotta feel it in your blood and guts! If you wanna rock, you gotta break the rules. You gotta get mad at the man! And right now, I'm the man. That's right, I'm the man, and who's got the guts to tell me off? Huh? Who's gonna tell me off?

Freddy: Shut the hell up, Schneebly!

Dewey Finn: That's it Freddy, that's it! Who can top him?

Alicia: Get outta here, stupidass.

Dewey Finn: Yes, Alicia!

Summer Hathaway: You're a joke, you're the worst teacher I've ever had!

Dewey Finn: Summer, that is great! I like the delivery because I felt your anger!

Summer Hathaway: Thank you.

Lawrence: You're a fat loser and you have body odor.

Dewey Finn: ...All right, all right! Now, is everybody nice and pissed off?

Larisa

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
enjoying your friendship.
:hugs So do I. :hugs
give_heart2.gif

I was wondering if it was possible that I planted something other
meatballs.gif
Careful, Steve! Curiosity killed the cat.
mocking.gif

1411371247_6.jpg

We have to just approach all this in a spirit of fun!

Of course! This is true. But genetic engineering (Robotics) - is that we have fun today, and tomorrow, perhaps, someone else.

Alternative evolution.
girl_cool.gif

2020 - they glow
2040 - they think
2100 - they dispute !!!
2150 - they claim to change the constitution ...
2300 - general mobilization
2500 - a world without people. And people do exist??

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Curiosity killed the cat.
"But, satisfaction brought him back."

Then there is that caution:
  • кот в мешке
  • a cat in a sack

We should not buy into everything without knowing much about its quality or usefulness. We would say: a pig in a poke.

Interesting word: poke. It's used by very few to mean, a sack. Maaaybe, it was from what you do before you put something in it. You poke it - push your hand in the sack. I've noticed that the word sack is falling in use in favor of bag ... That might be because we use the word sack to describe being terminated by a company you have worked for.

And, poke weed :). I have eaten poke weed (poke salad) - once I learned that poor people are supposed to.

;) Steve

Latest posts