What makes You an "Easy" Gardener?

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
oh, and those bait stations, we filled them with some extra mortar so now they're just decorative plastic cement filled rocks...
So you added rocks to the garden??? :lol:

I try to eliminate potential rodent habitat as much as possible. However, the wood lot on the back of the property is wild, and undoubtedly harbors a permanent population. Once the gardens have grown enough to form a canopy, the mice move in. I expend a lot of effort to plant them there. :smack

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
So you added rocks to the garden??? :lol:

I try to eliminate potential rodent habitat as much as possible. However, the wood lot on the back of the property is wild, and undoubtedly harbors a permanent population. Once the gardens have grown enough to form a canopy, the mice move in. I expend a lot of effort to plant them there. :smack

have you seen the pictures of our gardens? :) there's tons and tons of rocks around here. three more would hardly be noticeable...

Trish Stretton

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Here is an example of a plant Not eaten by slugs or snails, even though they have obviously been all over the pot.
My best Fenugreek seedling, that got left behind when I went off to look after my grandson....not one nibble.
P1000436.JPG

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Here is an example of a plant Not eaten by slugs or snails, even though they have obviously been all over the pot.
My best Fenugreek seedling, that got left behind when I went off to look after my grandson....not one nibble.
View attachment 37167

So we should be growing fenugreek for the leaves to make bug spray with? Fenugreek gives me a reaction, I break out in a rash that burns, itches and I never use it as a spice in any way. If it does that to me, what does it do to bugs? You might be onto something here!

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
So we should be growing fenugreek for the leaves to make bug spray with? Fenugreek gives me a reaction, I break out in a rash that burns, itches and I never use it as a spice in any way. If it does that to me, what does it do to bugs? You might be onto something here!

i didn't know it was an issue for some people. sounds like it can be used in some imitation maple flavors and other foods. i've used the seeds here in some Indian dishes, but it isn't commonly around the kitchen.

in reading about it the plant sounds pretty useful for green animal fodder and is even used in cooking. i don't think i've had the greens before.

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
Fenugreek (or at least some forms of it) has pseudohormonal properties when consumed - especially for women. DW was actually recommended to take Fenugreek by her doctor when she was nursing our children, to increase milk production.

Trish Stretton

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
lol, that was my first ever Fenugreek seedling. I'm very proud of that seeing as it now the only one to have survived.....so far.
I love using this in my cooking which is why I decided to try to grow my own.
I havent heard of bad reactions to it before, so I am now doubly glad that I do not have the same problem.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Fenugreek (or at least some forms of it) has pseudohormonal properties when consumed - especially for women. DW was actually recommended to take Fenugreek by her doctor when she was nursing our children, to increase milk production.
M daughter tried that when she was nursing and broke out in the same horrible burning, itching rash that I did.

Latest posts