What Processed Foods Do You Buy?

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I used frozen okra, so let me start from the bushel basket. ;) I cut into 1/2" pieces. I cut off the stem end and tip end and give to the chickens. I spread the okra in a cookie sheet and put in a 350 degree oven for 5 minutes or until steamy hot. Do not let it brown. I cool it and bag with the Food Saver, then freeze. Now to the cooking part. I take a frozen bag out and toss on counter for 1/2 day. Dump into big bowl and season with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Stir the seasonings in and then stir in cornmeal. You will have to toss the okra real good to get the cornmeal all over it. The reason I like frying frozen okra over fresh is because the thawed frozen okra is a lot more slimy and the cornmeal sticks better. Then I like to use a #6 small iron skillet, fill halfway with oil and heat to medium high. Spoon okra into hot oil, fry until browned and slightly crunchy but still a little green (right before it burns LOL).Using a slotted spoon, scoop the okra and put in a bowl with paper towels to absorb the oil. Salt and serve. :drool

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ice cream. Umpquas Espresso Madness specifically, also the chocolate peanut butter one.

Tonight we will be enjoying Mrs. whatsernames chicken pot pie. My ultimate comfort food. :love

Oh... it's Marie Callenders, she may or may not be married.

Latest posts