What Supplements do you take ~ why that ```

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
Do you take Vitamin C or B12 or regularly ~ why and how much, how about Magnesium or COQ10 ```

Have you taking any supplement and noticed positive results ```

Myself, I'm taking Glucosamine (for and ankle injury from a skiing injury ~ Magnesium and COQ10 ~ I pop a B12 now and then, because they're here ~ and have been taking C a family member, a doctor swears by them ```

How about you what have you learned that would be a good thing ```

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I take vitamin D3 because I’m low. Was tested at the doc a few years ago. This is despite the fact that I get plenty of sun and have a lot of it in my diet.
I also take vitamin B12 to help with energy and magnesium because it helps with restless leg syndrome. I occasionally take a low dose of melatonin to help me get to sleep but I try not to take it 2 nights in row because too much is worse than not enough.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I spoke to a doctor about this several years ago. His response was what conditions are you reacting to. What indications do you have that you need to take something extra? I take Vitamin D and Calcium because blood tests said I was low. After a while I cut his recommendations in half and blood tests are still good. That's the only supplements I take, the ones my doctor said I should based on blood tests.

With all my test results being so good for someone my age I don't see any reason to take something that might mess up what is going on. You might say a conservative approach.

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
You're right about that ~ I was having, every now and them a heart rate that was out of sight 146 or higher ~ I read on the internet about a condition Hypomagnesia ~( look that up, think I've spelled it wrong ) that under the condition the heart muscle doesn't fire correctly ~ so I began taking Magnesium ~ I then went to the clinic and they gave me three IVs of magnesium ~ then I kept an appointment with a Cardio who put a monitor on me that I wore for 48 hours ~ the Tachycardia seemed under control ~ I told the Cardio that I thought the Magnesium has taken care of the Tachycardia ~ He said: "That's what I think too" told him I was taking 400 mg of Mag, he said fine but take Mag Citrate, that is absorbed easier and take it in the evening as it will make you sleepy

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
D3 ~ they test for that? Like to know more about that ```

Taking Magnesium for Tachycardia ~ electrical firing of the heart ```
Yep! I was having issues with exhaustion and they tested it and my iron levels and my vitamin D was low. Just ask next time you go to the doctor if you want to get yours tested. I don’t think it took 20min to get my results back.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Do you take Vitamin C or B12 or regularly ~ why and how much, how about Magnesium or COQ10 ```

Have you taking any supplement and noticed positive results ```

Myself, I'm taking Glucosamine (for and ankle injury from a skiing injury ~ Magnesium and COQ10 ~ I pop a B12 now and then, because they're here ~ and have been taking C a family member, a doctor swears by them ```

How about you what have you learned that would be a good thing ```
Last week I started taking "quebra pedra" it is supposed to help remove un-needed calcification around our joints. I also take honey and apple cider vinegar each night, the vinegar helps with the same problem as well as my breathing. These 3 things are really helping me.
I also find that soaking in Epsom salts and Himalayan salt help immensely.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I take a lot. I had blood work done over a year ago and found out low thyroid and other things and started taking a long, long list of supplements As soon as I get my tax return I will go have my blood work drawn again and see what is going on. I found out I have low thyroid, low B12, , normal D3, low kidney function, low liver enzymes, high fibrinogen and homocysteine, which explains my pulmonary embolisms in 2016 and 2018, My symptoms I had over a year ago have mostly resolved and with chiropractor treatments, I am almost back to normal. I need to change diet and lose weight. The chiropractor just changed me from most of the supplements I was taking for thyroid and putting me more on energy and adrenal gland support and to start exercising, which I have not started. DD had her blood work done about a month ago and we knew from her last pregnancy she had hyperthyroid and her D3 we found out was WAY ABOVE normal, and found out she was taking too much thinking more is better. She will have her blood work drawn after 3 months. DS goes to a different chiropractor and he does kinesiology and muscle testing and he has changed in the last year. He can tell the difference when he does not take his vitamins and when he needs to go to the chiropractor. He had a long, long list of problems, some fixed like tennis elbow, he was limping for all kinds of reasons, and stress and adrenal function problems, stomach problems. I went to this doctor for awhile and the vitamins he told me to take were some of the ones the other chiropractor put me on after the blood work. So, vitamins work, but I have taken vitamins all my life and just guessed. I take vitamin C and a supplement for veins the chiropractor put me on and without these I will have bruises all over.

Latest posts