what to grow

obsessed

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I am in SE Lousisana in zone 8a. I am planning my fall crop and need to get it in the soil before too long.

so what should I plant in my 8 ft by 4 ft bed

broccoli
cabbage
cauliflower
brussel sprouts
beets
lettuce

In reality I need a bigger bed but soil is expensive!!!!

Grow 4 Food

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Doubt you will have time for Brussel Sprout (but I would love for someone to grow them and tell me what I am doing wrong).

Broccoli and cabbage are always good fall stuff, so is turnips, late beans, snow peas, onions, cauliflower, spinach, lettuce, and even carrots. If you have room you could probably even do potatoes. There is also chard, kale, and various other greens.

I guess the question is have you put up any of these things from you summer / spring garden that you don't need to grow again?

Suess

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
winter squashes...butternut, acorn...
I also put in a few onions to see what I might get before it gets chilly chilly.
I did a late batch of corn because it was still pretty warm, but now we seem to have one cool week one warm.

obsessed

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
OK so, I went with some snap peas, some broccoli and some cabbage. I wanted so much but there was just not enough room. I do plan on planting some raddishes in between the rows and planting some lettuce in some containers.

I am not sure of winter squash... I have never actually eaten them....

Latest posts