What to plant Small spot

Manda_Rae

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I wasn't quite sure where to put this. I want to put flowers or herbs in the Cinderblock holes. Any suggestions on what I can plant.
I have marigolds in some. What else?

Attachments

• 20220609_172422.jpg
    20220609_172422.jpg
    498.3 KB · Views: 117

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Dad had blocks running almost the entire length of his garden, which was the width of his lot so, 100 feet.

One year, I filled every other hole with petunias.

They did just fine in the blocks but it took an outrageous number of plants.

Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
chives can be tough to control. i've had it take over areas rather quickly if we didn't remove the flower heads when they started forming seeds. i like to leave them alone because of the bees loving them but... Mom has is the past few years decided to remove the chives from where we've had them for many years. she's mowing them back a bit more each season. i'm growing more onions in other places so they can flower and keep the bees happy. i don't let the other onions drop seeds if i can help it. way too many seedlings to wrangle...

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
A choice would depend on local environment.

Years ago, I read that impatiens are the most popular bedding plant in the US. I don't know if that is still true but for me, growing impatiens has been intolerable ... ;) The flowers shrivel in the heat & dryness.

Petunias grow easily here as they, apparently, do in many places. The sunlight, heat, dryness - are tolerated.

Steve
who has lawngrass escaping into the paths by the chives but doesn't have chives escaping into the lawn

Latest posts