what type of squash am I?

Detlor Poultry

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
bluelacedredhead said:
Detlor,
I've never heard that about Amish Pie? I do know that Black Futtsu have blackish skin which then turns orange during storage. Interesting.
At least that's been our experience... They start out greenish, turn the dark green/black color, and, while they're being stored, turn orange. Also, I should note that our 'Amish pie' was from saved seed, so it's possible it could have croosed with something else, although, if it did, it kept alot of the normal traits of the Pie pumpkin.

bluelacedredhead

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Maybe I'll try growing them this year? I have seed, I just haven't had much luck with the variety. In 2009 it was sooo rainy that my garden drowned. In 2010 the squirrels ate all of my squash. I even saw one pick an Amish Pie the size of a walnut, then plant it in the lawn like an acorn :rolleyes: . We've moved since then and although there are squirrels here too, they would rather eat my grape tomatoes than the baby squash.

Detlor, you've got my curiosity stirring now. ;) Those Tennessee Vining Squash just might have to wait for another year while I attempt Amish Pie yet again. :p

Latest posts