what type of squash am I?

snozzleberry

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Hi there, I am new to gardening and need to know what this variety of squash is and when I should harvest it? It is a vining variety. Thanks a bunch!

8181_img_0283.jpg

8181_img_0281.jpg

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Can you tell us:

How it happens to be in your garden?

The fruit is very young it may be difficult to know what it will look like at maturity.

Steve

snozzleberry

Leafing Out
Reaction score
A friend gave it to me. She had a bunch of random starts left over from planting and had no idea which ones were which.
digitS' said:
Can you tell us:

How it happens to be in your garden?

The fruit is very young it may be difficult to know what it will look like at maturity.

Steve

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
You will have to be patient- they aren't ready yet, that is for sure! As they take shape and color we will be able to help identify. If this plant is something that she saved seeds last year for- it could be a mix of something. Keep us posted- we love a garden mystery....

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Oh yes, there are so many varieties of squash out there you'll have to wait until the full shape and maybe even final color starts to come in to tell. Maybe they could tell you all the varieties they started to help narrow it down? :)

TanksHill

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I'm gonna guess.................. Spaghetti squash.

g

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Might be a spagetti squash. Also could be a pumpkin.If is is self sown it might be a squmpkin, another words a mixture of 2 curcubits from last year-not usually very tasty.

Detlor Poultry

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
It's possibly Amish Pie... They start out green, then turn black (that's when you harvest them), then they turn the familiar Orange as they cure.

Latest posts