What Would You Change About Yourself?

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
It is said that your thoughts become feelings, and your feelings become your reality. This is shown to me constantly, unfortunately, mostly in a negative context. Thinking you are going to get sick leads to feeling sick leads to being sick. My goal is to get really good at thinking I am going to have a wonderful day, and following through with that. :)

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
curly_kate said:
So lucky - I have the same goal as you. I tend to be wayyy too judgemental of other people, and I am making a concerted effort to stop.
That depends on what you mean by "judgemental" in our anything goes culture today the idea of "judging" something(or one) has a whole new meaning. It is not negative judging to assess based on observation and draw conclusions. I never want to loose the ability to determine (judge) what is right and wrong, or good and bad, or helpful and harmful. But in our touchy feely super inclusive world we live in if we have moral standards (moral not just sexual moral, but true moral in every sense of the word) we are now bigots or judgemental or closed minded etc... That is the way I hear the word "judegmental" thrown about today anyway.

As far as what changes I am working on in myself, this isn't going to be very PC, but being a more spiritual person (for me Christianity). Seems like I allow so many things to crowd out the time I should be spending on reading the scriptures and meditating on the meaning, and in conversation (prayer) w/ the creator, and not just the mindless things I always say by habit, but meaningful conversation w/ God. And I don't mean spend all day every day I mean making sure there is some time each day (when I also have enough brain power) to read and pray meaningfully.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
I would be a better at remembering my firend's and families' important dates. I am the WORST at remembering birthdays, anniverseries, etc. I buy cards... and never get them sent... :hide
The 'same day delivery' flower folks are on speed dial

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Kassaundra said:
curly_kate said:
So lucky - I have the same goal as you. I tend to be wayyy too judgemental of other people, and I am making a concerted effort to stop.
That depends on what you mean by "judgemental" in our anything goes culture today the idea of "judging" something(or one) has a whole new meaning. It is not negative judging to assess based on observation and draw conclusions. I never want to loose the ability to determine (judge) what is right and wrong, or good and bad, or helpful and harmful. But in our touchy feely super inclusive world we live in if we have moral standards (moral not just sexual moral, but true moral in every sense of the word) we are now bigots or judgemental or closed minded etc... That is the way I hear the word "judegmental" thrown about today anyway.

As far as what changes I am working on in myself, this isn't going to be very PC, but being a more spiritual person (for me Christianity). Seems like I allow so many things to crowd out the time I should be spending on reading the scriptures and meditating on the meaning, and in conversation (prayer) w/ the creator, and not just the mindless things I always say by habit, but meaningful conversation w/ God. And I don't mean spend all day every day I mean making sure there is some time each day (when I also have enough brain power) to read and pray meaningfully.
Well said Kassaundra!
I'm trying to make that daily 'quiet time' a habit too.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
My Dad was a firm believer in the power of positive thinking. He was rarely sick when I was growing up, his cup was always half full, he was not a big worrier. He lived to be 87 happy, loved and healthy. I miss he and my Mom every day.
so lucky said:
It is said that your thoughts become feelings, and your feelings become your reality. This is shown to me constantly, unfortunately, mostly in a negative context. Thinking you are going to get sick leads to feeling sick leads to being sick. My goal is to get really good at thinking I am going to have a wonderful day, and following through with that. :)

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
After all the deep thoughts expressed here I feel a bit silly that what I REALLY want to change about myself is my Weight! Yes I am VERY overwieight. It is a costant battle. I NEED to loss weight on so many levels for my health (Which Thank God is good right now.) No diabities, no high coleserol, no high blood pressure, no back pain. But that could all change in a instant and would be dirrectly linked to my weight. YES, I could keep up with DH and Grandsons better. Yes, My feet would hurt less. Yes, I would sleep better. So why do I still struggle? Hmmmm lack of will power and procrastination!! So I guess I would like to change those things most.

Stubbornhillfarm

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
There isn't anything about me that I would want to change. I know I am who I am for a reason. (something that has taken me a long time to understand) But what I would like is to have more hours in the day. In reality, there are 24. No more, no less. The same for everyone. So what I am trying to do is get rid of things that suck up my time, robbing me of the pleasure of doing things that I would really rather be doing or are more important.

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I'm still a work in progress so until I stop I'm not going to put my finger on any one thing yet. Cause once I fixed that problem I'd be afraid I'd get complacent and that's not going to help anything.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have a big flaw that has plagued me all my life. Remembering people's names. My husband is a master at learning names quickly and remembering them for a lifetime. He remembers the names of students he had when they were 12 and our now middle aged and obviously not looking at all the same. It is not an age thing for me. I had a hard time in school remembering the names of all of my classmates. As a teacher I had to study the names and faces of my students to get it right and after a weeks vacation I had to relearn them. Of course I did have as many as 750 students a week as an art teacher-so a little leeway there. Every once in a while I will have a lapse of a name I know very well. I do remember faces, who the people are, just not the name. It is a terrible flaw.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I guess you could do what I do and call people "Bub" "Sir" "Ya'll" "Sweetie" (For kids) etc. Sometimes when I run into someone I should know, I say "Hey Girl! How the heck are you doing?!" as if I know exactly what their name is. This works until you have to introduce them to someone......:hide

I remember a professor I once had, when trying to remember a student's name, said "You, there, with the fake tan!"

Latest posts